BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Flounder/Tog
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------
Opening Day is Just 10hrs Away..
With Capt.Skips PIC of His Fluke Yesterday-
The Proof is There,The BigOne's Are Here.......
Breezy OnShore Winds Are Predicted But Should
Not Effect The BackBay Action Too Much Thru
The Weekend...Best Of Luck To Everyone......

[ 05-10-2004, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
606 Posts
Went out this afternoon and got a good supply of green and calico crabs. I'll be using them tomorrow morning. I'll leave the flounder for others. I want MR TOG ;) I'll let you know.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
First report of the season .....WINDY !!!!!!!

On the water at 6AM tried all the favorite spots. Looked like we were fishing in chocolate milk, the water was so muddy.

Windy about 25 knots and couldn't hold bottom.

Tons of of grass.

Back in by 9. There are too many nice days ahead to waste time on a crappy one.........guess i'll get the honey do list over with so I can try again tomorrow.......

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Out as well for an hour. Zippo. Fun seeing a trawler and an albin blast thru the fleet in ludlam bay low to mid tide. Pushed us up into the mud with waved breaking on finadvisor.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well, today is tomorrow. I fished for about 2 hours. I almost had a bite. Did I mention that there was a breeze? I am a slow learner. I'll probably try again tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Fishnfool came over at 7. We said...wow...its windy and went to breakfast. He went home. I went herring fishing. Plenty more days to chase flounder!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
One flattie at daybreak and about 10 blues. Here was my trick today with the wind in mind: I anchored close to a producible spot and casted a 3oz. Btail laced with a whatever--you---call--them strip and then bounced it from there. Missed two other fluke-like hits. No weakies and no stripers on a hi-low rig sporting a blood and clam strip, I wonder why :rolleyes: ??

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Tough day today. NE-E at 20 knots. Back bay water temp 59.7 but looked like mud. Clearer water near the inlet but only 50.5. The wind blowing my boat sideways against the current was making a wake. Called it a day early at 10 am. No fluke for me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Went out for the opener in spite of my better judgement..Chummed a few clams one fish lost..Tried going in back to get out of wind notta..Water was cold and muddy...Marked fish at different locations but no takers...Will be out this week if we get a break here between the rain and wind...Later Pazman

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I decided to wait till late afternoon when the [email protected]#$ was supposed to lay down a bit. Got out at 5 with my son, and the wind was still honkin. Took about 8 drifts in a w#%@ protected area. Actually found some semi-clean water. The blues were relentless, and wouldnt leave us alone long enough for a chance at fluke. Switched over to chunking herring at a bridge for the last hour of light. Had 2 run-offs with no hook-ups. Try again this week.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
I sold the boat last year and went with a guy who doesn't have a clue. You know the kind, "I caught 3 20 inchers here last year, let's try this spot" Tells me he caught them there last year in July.
I try to explain that deeper holes and cooler water are GREAT in July but it's MAY, 58 DEGREE WATER TEMP, AND BLOWING IT'S BALLS OFF,WE NEED TO MOVE OUTTA HERE !!!!

But I bit my lip cause it's his boat and at this point I don't want to waste anymore time and just want to go home........

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by C-phase:
I sold the boat last year and went with a guy who doesn't have a clue. You know the kind, "I caught 3 20 inchers here last year, let's try this spot" Tells me he caught them there last year in July.
I try to explain that deeper holes and cooler water are GREAT in July but it's MAY, 58 DEGREE WATER TEMP, AND BLOWING IT'S BALLS OFF,WE NEED TO MOVE OUTTA HERE !!!!

But I bit my lip cause it's his boat and at this point I don't want to waste anymore time and just want to go home........
Ive been there a few times in the past. Just sit back and do your best with the conditions you have.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sunday morning at Anglesea. Green crabs. 3 hours. Got 1 TOG 15". Only saw 1 other caught. That was about 11" or 12". Incoming water. Had to leave before the water got where I like it.
Mothers Day, you know how it is. I'll probably try again Monday. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fished Sat. the 8th at IRI and did well on the tog. Top of the tide in 56 degree water. Bait of choice was green crab but they would not hit it. I had 6 peelers with me that I was gonna use for trout but the tog seemed to like em. 3 fish around 17" and a bunch of throw backs but it was fun. The only other fish I saw caught all day were shad and 1 keeper flounder.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Beesley's Pnt. was MUDDY water to say the least...No flatty's,just some blues...Trieing again on Monday!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fished with a friend today behind OC. We had a little engine trouble so we couldn't venture far from the dock. We still managed to scratch out 3 keeper fluke from 18" to 21" and 1 16" blue in about 2hrs fishing time. We caught our fish on the incoming with strip baits. Water was dirty but fishable.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts