BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------
Ahh, First Day of Summer and I tell you it looked
like it on the water yesterday....

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Fished Sat behind OC for a few hours, ended up with 5 keepers, 1 throwback. All 5 keepers measured right at the 17" mark, lone throwback was under 10". Minnow + squid was the ticket. All fish caught on outgoing tide.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Tried to bottom Fish behind LBI Saturday and bagged it b/c of traffic...We switched over to crabbing and caught enough for dinner...I was hoping the winds were going to scare some people off but the bay was like a parking lot.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Fished near the Coast Guard station in Sea Isle on Sunday.
6AM - 10AM nothing the wind stired everything up.
Called the wife and took the kids out drifting in an hour we got a throwback flounder and one 17" keeper. It made fathers day even better.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished a couple hours of the incoming with Casting Disaster on Saturday. I guess the outgoing was the key after reading The Edge's report. We only got 2 keepers and about a dozen throwbacks. The keepers were both @ 3.5lbs and caught on bucktail/minnow. It was tough getting a good drift with the wind against the current. Maybe that's why the outgoing was more productive.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
5 keepers this morning including 1 5lb 2oz fish and 2 others just over 4lb
Got 2 of first of incoming and other 3/4 's up
Green bucktail with herring.
Few shorts but not as bad as Saturday
Trick I think was to find some bait on my screen and usually there were fish there

·
Registered
920 Posts
Fished with some friends during the outgoing in the Somers Point area on Sat...did the fluke thing....Plenty of fluke around, but out of many fish, only one keeper. Got em all on either bucktail/minnow, or plain minnow or flounder belly on a hook.
Went out again last night with Casting Disaster/Early Bird for a walk on the sod banks...Saw only a couple of pops, and we did manage to bring one bass up to the bank on a blurple Bomber....Looked like a fat fish---in the 32" range or better; unfortunately it rolled on the leader and escaped with my Bomber...Tight lines------Mike

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
fished incoming this morning behind SH with Capt. Lew. 4 keepers each for a total of 8, 16.5"-21". All on minnies water temp down a little 69-70.
Grab
ALWAYS a pleasure Lew

Call me on your cell ooooops :D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Fished the ICW this morning just North of Corson's with my 9 & 11 year old boys.Kids fished minnies and squid and I fished A white twister on a leadhead.We had 36 fish and 3 keepers.Best bite on the last hour of incoming.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Took today off from work and spent it with the family (7 1/2 month pregnant wife, 3 yr old girl, 6 yr old son). Fished behind AC/Absecon area. Started off in the way back and were catching fish, however, the flies were horrible. Managed to put 4 in the box in the first 1 1/2 hours. The swarm was too bad for everyone including me, so we moved. Caught plenty of shorts and one more keeper to finish the day.

BTW - the son outfished dad 4 to 1 on keepers. The little squirt. His fish were 17, 2 x 18 1/2 and 19), mine was 18 1/2. He had a smile so wide all day long. Nothing better.

The wife and daughter also caught some but all throwbacks.

Minnie (or two) on a plain hook in about 12' of water. Incoming tide against the little wind there was. Perfect drifts, could stay right on top of them without having to run the engine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Got out today for some fluking...Me a buddy and his son...We only managed shorts with a couple nice ones lost but all and all it was nice to get out on the water and get the line wet...Also got to talk to a fellow barner candyman...Sorry didn't get to personally meet you Mike but was worried about the storm coming and didn't want to get stuck in that....Fish were taking on minnow spinner combos...Will be at it again soon...Later Pazman

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Mike....Thanks for the tip....Didn't think about it but last yr. I was out with my kids one day and used a white grub minnow conbo and whacked them good....Can't always remember these things as the mind is not what it once was....Nice talkinhg to you and we'll see ya soon....Pazman

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Fished behind WW for a few hours Sunday on the incoming tide. Slow pick at fluke with one keeper at 17" and about 6 shorts. We went through a bunch of minnos, missed at least half a dozen fish each. I was happy just to get out and have some action

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
This report comes from the back of the raritan bay

Got a late start with my HIGH Maintenance Crew out of Keyport today (sissy and her friend)..... headed towards the triangle and caught the last of the outgoing with perfect conditions.... It was a shorty slamfest on squid and spearing, as we had 2 keepers and 20-25 shorts in the first 2 hours out..... Worked our way down to the reach channel, and pick a few more keepers on the change of tide, but wind against tide made for a slow slow bite and without power drifting we wouldnt have picked any... chop picked up and my CREW started to complain so back down the back we went, by the time we got back there it was a West Wind over powering and incoming tide, had to throw out the sea anchor and managed a few more keeps back off of Morgan Creek..... Total for the day was 11 in the box biggest going 21 inches.......
Lots of shorts down the back means for a good Sept.- Oct. finish......

also...2 keeper weakies were also boated over very good bait readings in the Reach Channel...... May be worth a shot with some worms.........

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
damn circus out there yesterday . Dribbled a blowfish on the cooler for the amusement of fellow anglers. Them blowfish have to be the most fun fish ever made.

nuthin but lil ones and heavy boat traffic

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.