BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Flounder/Tog
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Fished on Capt. Bob Bogan's Gambler Saturday morning in the wind and rain. Took 10 oz to hold bottom for most of the trip. A good mix of fluke and sea bass came over the rails. I got a nice 2.5 lber early and the guy next to me had a 4 lber. A nice 5-6 lb sea bass was also caught. Spiny dogs were a bit of a problem in places.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Fished the Great Bay Sunday 6/6/04 from 10 AM to 2 PM. We fished the Mystic Island side of the stink house in the clam stakes. It was windy and unpleasent. Thankfully we had a drift anchor. We boated three keepers between the two of us and 8 throwbacks. The bigest was 19" and the other 2 were right at 17 1/2". Bait used was last years fluke belly and minnows all fish caught were on minnows. Had a good time despite the weather. Oh ya not one junk fish was caught. I figured the skates would have been a pain but didn't even catch one!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rockdoc and I went out at the top of tide and drifted the ICW behind OC. Bucktailing minnows landed us more than 30 flounder in 4 hours, most were caught on the outgoing...only 2 keepers. Horrible ratio, but it was the most fun fishing I've had in a while since I can't seem to find any bass or weakies.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Fished in the Back SIC 6/7/04 three flatties only one keeper. At least the weather was nice beat the heck out of the weekend.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
My brother and I took Tuesday off and took to the wrecks outside of TI. Absolutely beautiful day to be on the ocean. Still getting used to the new boat and electronics but that did not stop us from catching as many sea bass as we wanted. Just about every wreck we hit produced with some of the biggest I have ever caught.

Way too many skates out there.

I did manage to get the anchor stuck again - and for a second lucky time I did get it back. Time to start welding my Re-Bar anchor.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hit the back bay of LBI for some fluke and got the skunk. Tough to get a decent drift and when we did we got a couple shorts. 2 shorts in 8 hours, but we did get a few small blues which kept everyone intrested.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking About LBI,I saw guite a few Surf Caught
Fluke yesterday,,Most Look Small But One Of
Them Was Nice.....

Also,
I just wanted to remind everyone about some
regulations:
We are down to a 1Fish Limit on Tautog from
June 1 thru November 14,with a 14" size min..,

and SeaBass limit [email protected]" min..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got out Tuesday behind Avalon in the ICW. went 3 for 5 on Fluke up to 23" 5 1/4 lbs.(I need a bigger net!!) Squid and a minnow fed the beast.
With the top of the tide being the most productive. Water temps in the hovered in the high 60's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
FISHED BEHIND SEA ISLE ON WEDNESDAY, NICEST DAY ON THE WATER SO FAR (WEATHER WISE) CAUGHT 25 FLATTIES, 3 KEEPERS.TRIED FOR THE WEAKIES AT DUSK...NUTTIN

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Dominic Diantonio holds up a couple of Nice
SeaBass caught on clam...Great Job Dominic..

Photo provided by:Fisherman's HeadQuarters

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
AHHHH. fooooke. Got out with BENT ROD for a late afternoon Fluke session. Headed behind OC armed with HERRING strips. As soon as my bucktail hit bottom I got a FOOOOOK. First drift got us 5 with 1 keeper.(5 min.) We fished from 6:30 to 8:30 and got around 30 fooook, only 2 keepers, but sure was fun.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
fished behind sea isle from 8:30-3:30, only one flounder caught but a nice 22" 3.75lb flattie on minnow and squid. saw a few keepers caught and a lot of throwbacks. should get real good real soon. saw fin advisor out there too. Hey fin, how did you do?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fished the ICW behind Strathmere/Sea Isle on Saturday, about 1 hour on each side of the tide. A bit windy and some chop, managed 8 fluke with 2 keepers. Baked on BBQ with lemon, a little garlic salt, paprika, and a splash of Tabasco.
Stewed tomatoes and rice. Hope I made you hungry!

(Oh, and beer too)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Fished the intercoastal from Avalon down to Hereford inlet on Saturday. Ended up with 1 keeper and about 10 shorts. Overall it was a nice day and the first time I fished the back hard in several years. I also, saw Fin Advisor between his kids sporting events (thats dedication!).

[ 06-14-2004, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: 1moredrift ]

·
Registered
379 Posts
Snuck out early on Saturday for a couple of hours before the string of graduation parties. Fished behind Strath/SIC. My boat is light enough that the wind gave me a nice drift. Caught 9 in 2 hours, only one 17" keeper. 7 of the throwbacks were 16.25". Give them a couple of weeks and they will be on the grill. Fish were agressive on my bucktail/herring. Left shortly after the FLEET arrived. Home by 9:45. Great morning and a great start to any day!! Get'em Wet! Pig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts