BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'll throw the first report out there for everyone. Went to Pattie's Hole behind Avalon, and then to Townsend inlet yesterday morning. In total fished from 9am until the storms went through. We didn't catch a thing. Actually we didn't see anyone else catch anything either. When it got dark as midnight to the west we took off for home.

Last night I fished the back bays of SH. Saw one very large striper, and had a run-off on an eel about 10 minutes later (lost whatever it was). Tons of bait in the water but very few large fish. I only caught sharks, one small blue, and saw the one striper. Worked eels, bunker, peanut bunker (live), minnows, spearing, and squid. Prolly shoulda tried clam!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Two of us nomad fishermen tried behind SH and AV Sat.. Tried bucktails and bottom rigs with spearing, strips, and minners. The end result was five short fluke, one snapper, one weak, and one sea robin. Fished from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. Nothing in the box.
Talked to one fellow behind Patties who said he caught four keeper fluke.(wish I would have known what HE was doing) Anyway, had a nice day on the water even with the w--- kicking.

Notch

·
Registered
312 Posts
decided to skip work today and run out LEI. fished 0700-1400. tons of tbf's, 2 keepers. bunch of robbins, 5 cow nosed rays, acually got 1 up next to the boat, and 2 short weekies.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Fished L.E. Reef today and boated some quality fish. We got 8 keepers. We got a 7.5, 6.76 and a 4.5 lber. It was a great day on the water. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
fished the leonardo tourny on sun no winers but did do very well with fluke to 4.5# a friend and i took home 16 fish we where culling fluke by 2pm the fish that went home went 18 to 23" ;) frank

[ 08-03-2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: fishnjbass ]

·
Registered
312 Posts
managed to miss work again, and hit lei. really nice day, tons of tbf's. managed two keepers, 16.5" and a 18"er. bonus was three keeper weakies. and another cow nosed ray,,but no chartreuse bucktail,,

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Fished little egg reef this afternoon with not alot to show for it. We did manage 1 keeper and a dozen or so throw backs. Had several massive runs with the hooks being bitten off. I dont know what it was but we did catch a 5 foot shark with teeth last week. I guess it was a brown shark I am not sure.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I fished the GE Inlet on Saturday with a lot of boats working the area also. I went 1/2 on fluke keeping a nice 19 1/2" fish. Also had small blues & a lone short seabass. Also tried out front in 35' for croakers, but couldn't find em. A bit breezy, but still a good day. Procut & Minnies.

Mako

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Fished Little Egg Reef Sunday morning. We got six keeper fluke to 24 inches. I had a good day myself by boating 5 of the 6 in the box. When it slowed down around noon we moved off the reef towards the inlet and caught a mess of croakers. They make great fish cakes using the famous Bevs Striper Cakes Recipe. There is nothing like fresh fried flounder and fish cakes for dinner.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello All,

Fished behind Harrah's Sunday with 4 young ones and my fishin buddy. We caught a mixed bag including flounder 2 keepers 20" & 23", sea bass,
sea robin and a BIG cow nosed ray that ran my buddy around the boat twice. We tried going off shore to the AC reef but it was tooo rough. We'll be back at it next weekend. All in all it was a great day on the water.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fished the Little Egg inlet Sunday 11 to 1pm, nothing, it was a little rough.
Went back inside , got 2 short flaties, sea robins, sharks, skates...not too much weed which was good. Used Squid-minnow,clam,sea robin,shark. Nice day anyway.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fished the LE reef yesterday for a few hours. Only caught 1 flounder at about 19" and fat. Alot of very small sea robins but no sea bass. There was not much of a drift until the wind came up a little around 1:00 PM. There were probably 30 boats concentrated in a very small area near the western edge of the reef. My reef book didn't show any particular structure in that spot but I tried it anyway thinking I was missing out on something. Stayed there about 20 minutes without a bite and didn't see anyone else catching either. Don't know if I just missed a good bite or what. Anyone else out there yesterday?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I was out there. I had a good bite going on for a while. Put 3 in the box to 24 inches. I lost the 4th one trying to put it in the cooler. There were alot 16 inchers I had that might be keepers in Sept.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
A Frayed Knot,

My home port is tuckerton and I dock at Rands. Do you put in at Rands or Mikes? If you don't mind me asking what kind of rig where you using? What kind of bait?

I was out last saturday near the ler. 6 keepers, 10 throwbacks on squid/killies. Funny thing is I couldn't get a hit on a strip bait. I had mackeral, bluefish, searobin. I had a nice run off as soon as my bucktail hit bottom with a sea robin strip and what ever it was bit my hook off. I was using a 40 lb mono leader it had to be a blue. Caught a ton of searobins but I was foul hooking them all day. Then saw a couple sharks crusing by. It must of been all the sea robins that I was chumming with. Most surprising catch of the day was a Starfish.

I'll be back at next weekend if this storm doesn't hit.

Johnny d

[ 08-12-2004, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Johnnyd,

I keep my boat at Mikes. I use stripbaits with a minnow spearing combo. I use searobin, sharkbellies and another popular stripbait. ;) Lately I think the spearing is the key. I use rigs with different color teasers. Green, pink and white are the colors I use most. I do not do any bucktailing because most of the time it is next to impossible to hold the bottom. Mondays forecast does not look to bad I think I am going to give it a shot then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.