BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------

I am starting to hear and see some better results
with Fluke,, Especially in Deep Water...I heard
of some really decent size Fluke being Caught
Offshore with 8oz rigs tipped with Minnows and
Squid-Nothing Fancy....
Plenty of Time To Get Your Fish,We Still Have
7 Weeks Left In the Season...
Good Luck Out There....

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
So candyman shows up. We net some p-nuts and head for the deep. Wind was kickin and sea was a bit nasty. We fished an area reef for a while before talking to someone on the radio who gave us a heads up. After decifering his secret code, which took a whle, we were able to locate him. First Drift put 3 Flatties in the box. Next drift 3 more flatties, including candymans double of keepers. Then conditions deteriorated for a while, but we stuck it out. Once conditions improved, so did the bite. We ended with 14 keepers, including candymans 7.3 lber. It was a great trip, be able to look at A.C. on the horizon and bang fluke. Yep, we did some serious killin. Good eats tonight.
There were other boats there as well, and it looked like everyone was crushin them.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's What I Am Talking About.....

Thanks for the Double Report eelball.....

Great Job Out There Guys..,,,,,,,

·
Registered
792 Posts
Worked the OC Reef again today with my cousin and fellow barner Striperboy16. Fishing by 7:00 and Striperboy was hooked up with a nice 4lb + flounder by 7:05. I hooked up 5 min later with around an 17'' which we let go figuring we would catch more. In the next 2 hours we proceeded to have a steady pick of shorts, sea bass, croakers, robins, and sandsharks. We had a school of fish around the boat that were about 10-12 inches long with stripes on their sides. We casted a 1/8 ounce bucktail a few times and managed to catch one which was pretty cool. I believe on Aquasport190's thread he was calling them rudderfish? :confused: When the tide went slack the skates came out(Including the biggest I ever caught, like 15 or 20 lbs.). When the tide picked up around 11 so did the fishing and we managed another keeper. By 11:45 the wind kicked up and it was tough to hold bottom. Great day at the reef! :cool:

Striperboy16 with the biggest flatty of the day and a keeper black bass! :D

Some fresh fish for dinner

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, Great Job Out There,,,
Very Cool Pictures.........

Thanks For The Fishing Report......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fishing out of LBI today,caught a couple keeper fluke on the Harvey Cedar wreck and two more on the lump.Sea was kicking up pretty good,so headed into myers hole and got another fluke,six keeper weakies,about ten short weakies and a few small blues.WEAKIES were hitting pink fin's.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Went out on a party boat out of Somers Point yesterday afternoon. Picked up one keeper flounder. (Plus one short and a whole lotta little sea bass) Didn't feel like quiting when we got in so I headed north of there to a fishing pier and picked up one more on minnow and squid.Even got a third flounder given to me on the way out(20.5 inches) It was a good day!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Went back yesterday pm and took some beautiful live mullet with me. got 5 keepers ,no throwbacks and largest was 25 inch.

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Fished on a party boat out of Brielle an 8/25. Had a good afternoon bringing home 5 keepers to 24 inches with just two throwbacks. The bigger fish were caught on jigs with two 17" caught on bait. I also cought four keeper sea bass but they were all released. There were also a few ling caught on the boat. Here is a pic of the two biggest.

[ 08-27-2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: TSStriper ]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Caught a ride on the last open spot on the Karen Ann II on Friday for some outstanding sea bass fishing. Six of us caught our limits with also maybe 250 throwbacks! Also a mixed bag of triggers, porgies, croakers and some short fluke. Non stop action all day! Great boat and captain Adam runs a sharp operation. Would recommend him and his boat highly! Truly a day to remember...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts