BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Sunday behind Avalon. Six short flatties around 16 1/4 inches. Painful, but had constant action with larger than average sea bass for the back and robbins. My friends who do not fish much enjoyed themselves. All fish caught on fresh peanuts.

RyanF

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Hit the GSSR again on suday. Little slower than last week, alot more boats but overall another good day fishing. 4 fluke to 26 inches 11 sea bass to 20 inches. Steady pick all day throw back ration about 6-1 on the fluke 8-1 on the sea bass. More junk fish this week also.

Speraing & squid or killie and squid on a plain hook.

On a sad note on the ride home through the pines was first on the seen of a cycle accident. One fatalaty on site and another did't look to good. If your riding be careful out there.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Well coundn't have asked for a better day except for once we were wishing for a little w*** Flat seas with a gentle swell not to much in the way of flat fish but really mugged the sea bass about a 10-1 keeper ratio but came home with a cooler full and 1 flattie.

Hit some lite rain on the way in but besides that no problems.

Great day, crystal clear blue water 75 degree surface temp should have gone trolling.

DM2

[ 08-15-2004, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: doormatt2 ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
DM2 I made my first trip of this year to the GSSR after starting at the LER. I was only able to muster only one fluke to 20 inches. It was impossible to get a drift. It sure was a nice day on the water though.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
AFK,
That's where we were also. The one nice thing about the lack of w*** you could work a piece of the reef with out anchoring up.

DM2

·
Registered
200 Posts
We started saturday 8/14/04 ,drifting the garden state south reef, but there was no wind and no drift.We caught 2 fluke and 1 seabass.Since the ocean was so flat we desided to run to the barnaget ridge,we stopped short of the ridge over a load of bait fish and started trolling feathers and cedar plugs with not a hit,after trolling all over the ridge we stopped and drifted and only caught 1 fluke ,so we picked up and moved to the garden state north reef ,there we nailed seabasss and fluke! that spot saved the day ,we ended up with 32 seabass up to 5 lbs and 4 fluke to 3 lbs.
Regards,Steve

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Fished Great Bay Sat 8/14 with no luck. Stayed in the bay due to the pending storm, hit all the local haunts with nothing happening 3 sand sharks, 2 sea robins and 1 16" fluke! Like I said not a good day for fishing but it was a beautiful day on the water!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.