BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
awesome boat!!! I'm jealous. ENJOY!!! You'll find a lot of great back fishing with it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Congratulations and best of luck. That'll make a nice back bay striper/weakfish platform.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
fishhead0524 said:
any thoughts on the carolina skiff 1780 dlx with 50 yam. never had a new boat before any advice? any how much would insurance be ?
They are nice back bay boats. On the right days you can sneak outside and fish the offshore NJ reefs. Just becareful with that boat around sandbars if you are stopping at one. They are basically flat bottom boats. Tide goes out from under it it will suck down on the wet sand and ten guys won't move till the tide comes back in. Just keep it floating/anchored 20-30ft offshore of a sandbar and you'll never experience what I'm talking about above..

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Insurance

Nice boat----you'll enjoy it!
I got my insurance thru Progressive/Drive. Did it by phone/fax for under
$300 per year. Easy and painless. www.driveinsurance.com
Wow! Never thought I'd be promoting an insurance company!
Good Luck---Hope to see you in the Back Bays!
Greg
:cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just insured an 18' 2002 Parker CC with Foremost insurance company for $476/year ($9/week). That includes "agreed upon value" of $18.5K and with free boat towing (& trailer) up to $500. Sea Tow alone is $150/year ($3/week), so that's 1/3 of the policy alone. So it's really like getting the policy for $6/week. Of course your new boat won't have 150 hours on it or b3 6 years old. You might pay more than that. Just look into "agreed upon value", "replacement value", and N.A.D.A. value. In 6 or 8 years I know I'll still get $18.5K for a total loss, but replacement value will get you a new boat. Book value however, well, let's just say I wouldn't be able to replace it if it was lost the day I took her home.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
check with Capt Joe at summit insurance. He will hook you up. He is a barn sponser

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Jersey Jim said:
I just insured an 18' 2002 Parker CC with Foremost insurance company for $476/year ($9/week). That includes "agreed upon value" of $18.5K and with free boat towing (& trailer) up to $500. Sea Tow alone is $150/year ($3/week), so that's 1/3 of the policy alone. So it's really like getting the policy for $6/week. Of course your new boat won't have 150 hours on it or b3 6 years old. You might pay more than that. Just look into "agreed upon value", "replacement value", and N.A.D.A. value. In 6 or 8 years I know I'll still get $18.5K for a total loss, but replacement value will get you a new boat. Book value however, well, let's just say I wouldn't be able to replace it if it was lost the day I took her home.
Replacement Value Policy means they will pay you what it's worth the day it considered a total loss. That type of policy lets them play the depreciation game with you. It's also called an Actual Cash Value policy by different ins co's.. Agreed Value is the most expensive policy because you and the ins company agree on a value that that's what you'll get in the event of a total loss. Most insurance companies will stick with an agreed value policy for 4-5yrs then they'll want a survey to continue.

The only outfit I know offering a true Replacement Value policy is Progressive, but it's only for the first year you own your new boat. After that I'm not sure what kind of a policy it turns into.

http://www.captnjoe.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts