BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to get in on some great Spring Striper fishing,I still have a few open days in May. My boat is a 38' Henriques which sails from Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ and I fish the waters from Barnegat Inlet up into Raritan Bay. For more information call 732-323-8700 or e-mail me at:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Capt Paul welcome to the barn.. Lookin forward to some good reports from u guys here and in the offshore forum.. Good Luck..

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
welcome to the barn Capt Paul are you still killing them stripers trolling?

[ 03-08-2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: paul708 ]

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Capt Paul welcome to the Barn, i did one of those speed jigging trips with you back in the mid 1990's for pollack, and to this day that remains the best fishing trip on a boat that i have ever had.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to another great Striper season and will be posting daily reports (Good or Bad) along with pictures when available. Also,it was nice to hear from the guy's that have fished with me over the years and that they still remember the great fishing we enjoyed. I start the last week of April and will keep you posted on what and where things are happening in the Northland.

·
Registered
773 Posts
So you're finally back from show duty, huh. Hope you had a chance to enjoy some of the nice weather after the Miami Show.

Spring stripers in May...how about some cod and pollock wreck trips? No one does it better than you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Paul---- For those of you that don't know Paul, he comes highly recommended by me. In the 90's before I bought my place in Delaware I used to fish with Paul and his Dad, Tony, a couple of times a year. Went with him for every thing from stripers to cod and pollack. One trip that really stands out was a trip offshore for tuna that got blown out. Conditions offshore were bad but Paul took us out just off the beach for bonita and false tunny instead. Catching those speedsters on light tackle (Penn 940's aand 10# line)was a blast. The drags were screaming and I can remember almost being spooled more than once. Paul turned what was a potentially blown out day into one that I'll always remember. Welcome to this board Paul --- Barry Keller

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey! You guys better quit saying nice things about me. People are starting to believe you and my phone is starting to ring. On a more serious note Thanks C-Fish & CapBar for the kind words and high recomendation. Barry, I'm glad you still remember the trips we had together. It was fun. Gary, All went well. I will be heading back and getting the boat in shape for a late April start. Between you and Iggy2 you may convince me to go on one of those killer Pollock & Cod trips. With the comeback of the Stripers and the great Seabass fishing inshore my only offshore trips now are for Tuna.

·
Registered
21 Posts
best offshore wreck fishing, fished on your boat quite a few times first class operation, You and tony are the best, i will post more pictures when i find them. These pollack were caught in the first hour of fishing we boated 20 pollack that day and jumbo sea bass.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wow, more and more first rate Capts. joining everytime I turn around. Welcome Capt. Paul! I hope to be fishing one of those offshore wrecks soon you helped ID in 95. Sank on a sunday or something :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
One of the best striper trips ever.. Great action.. We had double headers triple hook ups and I think we released 30+
Even had half dozen or so decent blues.. Def a great day !!

I agree with above post First Class all the way..

Heres some Pics I found :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again guy's. I did not know that I had so many friends and customers in South Jersey & PA. T-Man thanks for dragging out the pictures. Tony & I see our old friend Peter in the Pix. We miss beating up on him. Send him back for a couple of days. Bunker448, look at the grin on Scott's face. 50+ lbs. of Pollock pulling in opposite directions cranked up from 250 Ft. Priceless! :cool: :D

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hey Bunker448 who are you, i was on that trip that you posted the picture of,thats Bob Mcgee God rest his soul and Scott in the picture, Scotts brother John and father were also on the trip, which one are you? Jim Egolf

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Iggy: I looked at the picture and thought that was Capt BoB McGee holding the fish but he has been gone for a few years now and I did not think it was him. Reminds of the days when we use to fish together all the time. Great memory's. Capt Bob died the right way fighting a tuna in the Baltimore Canyon about 5 years ago.
Capt John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts