BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Chris Cameroni charter on board the Bounty Hunter and started out to do some Clamming up at Sandy Hook. I never got north of the Shrewsbury Rocks as we were called in on a hot Spoon bite taking place off Monmouth Beach. After putting out the Bunker Spoons we had our first Bass in the boat within minutes. We worked the area for a few hours and finished up with 11 large Stripers the largest a 44" fish which weighed in at 26 lbs. The Big Bass was the first ever caught by Lisa Grecco who also had 2 others.
As the Bass bite slowed the Blues moved in and took over the area. The charter kept 4 and released over a dozen. Ava 47's, & Krocodile Jigs did the catching in 45 ft. of water. :cool: :cool:

:D

Lisa Grecco with her first ever Bass. 44", 26 lbs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Originally posted by captpaul:
I had the Chris Cameroni charter on board the Bounty Hunter and started out to do some Clamming up at Sandy Hook. I never got north of the Shrewsbury Rocks as we were called in on a hot Spoon bite taking place off Monmouth Beach. After putting out the Bunker Spoons we had our first Bass in the boat within minutes. We worked the area for a few hours and finished up with 11 large Stripers the largest a 44" fish which weighed in at 26 lbs. The Big Bass was the first ever caught by Lisa Grecco who also had 2 others.
As the Bass bite slowed the Blues moved in and took over the area. The charter kept 4 and released over a dozen. Ava 47's, & Krocodile Jigs did the catching in 45 ft. of water. :cool: :cool:

:D

Lisa Grecco with her first ever Bass. 44", 26 lbs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wow I cant believe that 44 only weighed 26 looks at least like a 40lber, musthave the hiv or somthing but still a nice fish.
good report and great pics

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Originally posted by SeaMonkey:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />, must have the hiv
Hummm, that's a nice thing to say?? </font>[/QUOTE]oh c'mon are you for real? I was talking about the fish for christ sake? a 44 inch fish should weigh in the high 30's or low 40's. if it only weighed in at 26....ahh screw it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guy's, don't argue. I carry a digital scale and a spring scale on the boat. When I had the 34 lb. Bass I posted last week it weighed 33.5 lbs. on my spring scale and a little over 34 lbs. on the digital. We took the fish to a local bait shop and had it weighed on a certified scale it weighed 33 lbs. 14 oz. I am confident that my scales are pretty accurate. Both fish looked like they came out of the same mold. 44" long, 26 & 27 lbs. Both spawned out females and not a single thing in their stomachs when we filleted them. I am flattered that you would think I underestimated the weight. If 30 to 40 lbs. makes you feel better, so be it. Enjoy!!

[ 05-23-2006, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: captpaul ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.