BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this that can give me a tip or two. I have to replace my bellows. I was wondering what tools are needed and are there any tricks to doing this? Please help, the season is almost here. Thanks, Killian

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great duck, thanks. Do you know what they mean by replacing the seals? How many bolts should there be as well?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Killan I think it was 6 bolts plus the trim cylinders.That gets the lower unit off but I never had to change the bellows on mine. Great bite with those twin props but I kept mine in the water and had a tuff time keeping up with the zincs. Make sure and pull the props and chech tne condition of the bearing carrier for corrision damage.Mine was an early model 1997 and the trim cylinder zinc were held on by tiny bolts , poor design.Good luck.The seals may be prop shaft seals?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Killan,
I just pulled my lower unit off yesterday.
But mine is a alpha one,generation two.

I have a total of 6 balts to take off, 4 nuts, two on each side of the unit. and one bolt in the front, and in the back you have to take the plastic cap off and use a allen wranch to take the bolt out that holds the trim tab zinc plate.

Never pulled the upper unit off, but im told you need a tool to get the exhaust bellow on.

And yes, make shore you put the shifter in forward gear.

Good luck, Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts