BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A person really involved left four ominous observations loudly on my answering machine last night.
Greg Hibberd, who works for the state, told me the 96th St. bridge in Stone Harbor is "closed indefinitely' due to severe concerns about stress issues. Last time this happened, in the late 70's, the bridge was closed for 4 months!!
That, coupled with the fact that the construction on the free bridge on the Wildwood side will not be completed until late July, means big problems!!
The only way onto the island will be via the already over burdened Avalon bridges. Traffic will be a nightmare and I hear that the county is going to impose a $1 TOLL on both Avalon bridges
to cover any additional expenses!! :mad: :mad:
How can this happen???

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
My Buddy lives in SH. We were talking about it the other night. They were PO'd already from the other bridge. There is a public meeting next Monday night about the situation. Just crazy....glad it isnt me having to deal wit that.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
thought that they had planned to close this bridge for repair.

people of OC are going to have the same problem very soon. 9th st bridge will be closed.

speaking of OC has anyone been fishing around there in the back bay ;)

bigger the bait, bigger the fish

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith,

I thought that bridge stress may have been caused by you hauling some fat fish over the railing.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It was open tonight

·
Registered
690 Posts
jris, I was in OC area and at least saw one caught. The dude said it was 34" But from a couple of hundred yards away, It didn't look that big. It was a keeper though, at least he kept it. It was last Sat. about 3/4 throught the outgoing and about 1/2 to an hour after the sun came out in full force. Also walked up a tidal creek 'cause my rods were not doing anything and only saw one bait fish that at a glance resembled a tiny herring floppin' in the mud. I tried to grab it but was too busy sinking in the mud ( Not embarassed to say I do dumb Sh*t like that all the time). Buddy said he thought I fell in the water cause he saw me and then didn't although he never got off his *** to check. some friend!

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Originally posted by Flynn-S.:
Keith,

I thought that bridge stress may have been caused by you hauling some fat fish over the railing.
Hey hip, maybe you should have got him when you had the chance. I know Ardmore real well. :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
sounds like an April Fools joke. I talked to some folks that confirmed the bridge is still open and they hadn't heard of a closure.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Free Bridge construction work is progressing smoothly. An early opening is projected, probably before Memorial Day.

Cape May County is planning several upgrade to bridges that really need it. Next schedule upgrade is to non-toll Mill Creek bridge (between WWC/CM Toll Bridge and Parkway end).

Next one is the Two Mile Toll Bridge itself. Thats gonna be a long-term closure also.

OC 9th Street construction project is NJDOT project with its own "problems."

Heard nothing about 96th St SH bridge, unless a recent bridge inspection reveal another hidden flaw. If the NJ Transit buses are still crossing, everthing is okay.

[ 04-02-2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Eric G ]

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Originally posted by Red_Cherokee:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Flynn-S.:
Keith,

Hey hip, maybe you should have got him when you had the chance. I know Ardmore real well. :D </font>[/QUOTE]And Bryn Mawr. :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Flynn-S???

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
:D LOL :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
OK...Flynn S is missing in action. It was an April Fools Prank! No need to worry or call the Governor.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Take the first letter of the first nine words of the original post, you'll see.
I look forward to getting some good fishing in the next few months and posting some TRUE reports.
Any day now...

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Flynn-S. , I left for work yesterday before you made your post, so I went in right over the bridge.
However after seeing this thread, today I went in and out through Avalon. :D Thanks for the heads up! :cool: ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts