BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my slip for the year at Bree Zee Lee.
Any local knowledge would be a great help.
1 question, any cleaning tables there?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
My Boy said:
1 table! what dock are you on?

B dock new section. The only table is by the dumpster. Where all the carts get locked up.Plus if you read the rules, you aren't even supposed to clean fish in the Marina. Rule #13k of Slip Contract states "Fish Cleaning is not permitted in the Basin".

·
Registered
678 Posts
You call that a cleaning table?? That table is one of the worst I've seen..and who uses those big grey slate stones for cleaning? Probably just there because the wood on the board is half rotted away :(

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am there too, B dock, old section. About ready to break free - the only piling left closest to where you walk on is about to give way. I would hate to see that happen when that section is full of boats. Tide rips like a mother through there.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My advice? Get intimately familiar with a tide chart and if you have an outboard, don't forget to put it up! Shallow at low tide throughout the old sections by the ramp...

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
BigSexy said:
B dock new section. The only table is by the dumpster. Where all the carts get locked up.Plus if you read the rules, you aren't even supposed to clean fish in the Marina. Rule #13k of Slip Contract states "Fish Cleaning is not permitted in the Basin".
They have a "Slip Contract"? Glenn and I walked in....he handed us a reciept and that was it...all I have is a slip saying we paid x amount for d64:cool:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Never Better - The table sucks, I keep saying to mself I'm just gonna repair it myself. I still might do it if can come across some free material. I'm not ganna buy it, I have a nice set up at my house so most of the time I just take em home and clean em

Capt. Craig - That cleaning the fish by the boat sucks. The Sea Gulls crap on everyones boats. I had just got done washing my boat one day. A guy pulls in breaks out his cleaning table a begins to clean his fish at the back of his boat on the dock. Then the birds came, A sea Gull left a five foot long green, yellow and white shat across my motors and transem. I just looked up from my beer and said " you're gonna come clean this right?" The guy looked at me like I was nuts. I really don't think anyone should clean fish at the boat.

Carl - Yeah, there's a contract. They send it at the end of the year with the renewal notice. Otherwise you need to ask for it. I guess they just expect you to know them the first time.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Putem OnIce said:
My advice? Get intimately familiar with a tide chart and if you have an outboard, don't forget to put it up! Shallow at low tide throughout the old sections by the ramp...
They dredged that entire area this winter

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I've seen these tables, roughly 3' x 3', that have legs that fold up flush in the table top. Affix a sheet of plywood or starboard to the top and you have a portable fillet station.;)

·
Registered
942 Posts
With the apparent arrogance of whoever runs that dock, I would vote with my checkbook, and go elsewhere! But I guess it's too late, they probably already have your money. Especially during this horrible recession we're experiencing, I just can't imagine that kind of attitude. Many years ago I left a marina with the same snotty attitude.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks Big Sexy.. I'm coming from port Norris where the current on the river made docking a challenge to say the lest. Also I never backed into a slip before. one other question. I'm at I 7 slip, I noticed there was numbers at H dock with two slips that had the same number painted on the dock, is there something I'm missing? Nobody went out with me when I got the slip they told me I 7 was available and I assumed it was the 7th one out.
THANKS AGAIN
hope I get to meet ya down there.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
CAPT FISHLESS said:
I'm on d dock new side I love it down at the breezeelee the only problem I have is the shallow water other than that its a real nice place.
how much shallow water??? we just got d64...looked pretty deep at low to me....

·
Registered
297 Posts
fatboy said:
They dredged that entire area this winter
I hope they did dredge a couple areas. In the past when myself and others brought it up they seemed to shrug it off and ignore it completely. When the water is 1 foot deep and your boats sitting on mud in the lower tide then its a problem.

As far as the contract, been there over a few years and never recieved one in the mail with renewal or when we paid in the building.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts