BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Bridgeport Boat Yard is closed and so is the ramp. It's been closed for over a year since the owner's split up. No launching or bait to be had at this time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The only one left on the Racoon is Buttonwood and he just doubled his fee to 20 bucks.:eek:

·
Registered
870 Posts
DaPlumber said:
How do you get there or is there one on Oldmans Creek ?
None on oldmans that I know of. Buttonwood is on So. Bridgeport Rd. If your on 322 west heading for the Barry bridge, it is on the left just before the overpass that goes over Rt. 130.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
When I stopped at Buttonwood last year and spoke to the owner he stated that the fee was $100 per year and for that you get a key for the cable lock. He apparently didn't have too much luck with a drop box and a daily launch fee. When I get a chance I'll stop by and try to find out what's up.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
There was a lady attendant there this afternoon to unlock the cable when we watched a customer hand her $20 to launch. She confirmed the $20 launch fee when I asked the rate.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Chester is the only other option on the lower river. No floating docks yet. Launched there on Sat. No issues.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The ladies name is Mary and she lives right there to the left of the ramp. She operates the ramp for Jimmy the owner who drives truck for a living and is gone for long periods of time. And yes the fee doubled this year to 20 bucks or 200 for the season and you will get a key for the cable. See what happens when your the only game in town!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts