BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, a buddy and I decided to take advantage of the nice weather last weekend and head down to sunset lake for some perch/pickerel (completely unaware that the lake was no longer there) needless to say we where both shocked at what we arrived to see. Both of us worked for the company that monitored the sunset fish ladder every spring and ill say this.. That ladder was one of the very few ladders that i worked on which had a steady amount of herring passing through it during the migration. Hopefully instinct will will find'em another route. Also for anyone who has not seen what has become of sunset i would be happy to Post pics later tonight when im done work. But back to my original post to my original post topic, needless to say my friend and i did not fish sunset. This led to a few problems seeing as i knew nothing about any of the other lakes around sunset, so we tried to wing it and followed road signs to mary elmer. Fished for about 4 hours, tried everything from slow rolling rapalas to bumping small soft plastics off of the bottom. Stayed around the spillway for he majority of the time. Finished wih one small white perch.. I guess somthings better then nothing. I plan on heading back down to that area tomorrow morning with a friend to look for different areas to try. Was wondering if mary elmer would just be a waste of time to try again, looking for yellow perch primarily but catching is catching!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.