BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posting a report,please be sure to include as much valuable information as possible. When it comes to "location", please DO NOT post specific "SPOTS".
This request is brought to you by "P.E.T.S" (People For The Ethical Treatment Of Spots)

General area only.
Tide and Conditions
# Fish Caught
bait/lure/fly
Pic's are welcome

·
Registered
445 Posts
Been fishing around the south end of O.C and havent been doing anything, i did get 32 sinkers this past sunday during that blow out tide. and 4 lures very productive!

·
Registered
391 Posts
3/13
Fished northend OC 4hrs. afternoon tide- skunked. BUT there was a decent amount of bait within arms reach of the beach, which I think is a good sign of things. I even accidentally snagged a peanut while fishing a t-hex. No hits or bumps. Water was very clear, but cold- wind in my face. I didn't see another person fishing the entire time, I was surprised by that. Oh well- I'll be back at it this week.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
kermic said:
3/13
I didn't see another person fishing the entire time.....
I really LOVE this very early in the spring, fishing by yourself on a raw day, pulling in the first stripers of the year. It's surreal when you look around and are catching to find out you are the only one in visible line-of-sight. Now once it gets warm, I welcome the company, but the first few weeks of the season when only the die-hards like us are out (and very sparsely populated) is one of those magical things that happens every spring. Enjoy it now, in 2 months you wont find a spot on the beach.

·
Registered
391 Posts
3/15 not 3/13 sorry

Sorry- I got the date wrong it was yesterday sat. that I was out (3/15- not the 13th)

And yes Even Steven I agree I love the solitude. There were about 3 crowds of people watching for at least an hour. I kept seeing them talk- they must've been saying I was out of my mind for being in 40 degree water! I even saw one girl in the distance taking pictures- no joke. I think it was just a good shot of me in the water with the ocean during dusk. I wish I asked for some copies, but was busy with a tight pack of bunker close to shore- hoping there were linesiders there to ponce my plugs!:D But you're right it won't be long now until the beach/jetties will be packed. I'll be back out good friday-so if you see me say hi.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
something breaking at the sea wall on AC side Sat. Anybody else see it?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
oc

Tried around corsons and at the jetties at the north end of oc this past weekend (3/15 and 3/16) with clams and bloodworms. nothing (except crabs and starfish).

·
Registered
445 Posts
fished sunday night, couple of hits and 1 skate, heard skates are a good sign of things to come, anybody else hear this?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
fished mid-island oc from the surf for a bit at low tide today (sat) after we saw some bird action just off the beach. 1 skate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fished the northern part of OC today, low tide, some bird action a ways out but no fishes for me, it was nice to get out though:)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
oc

got my first striper from the surf in 08. mid-island oc. just after low tide mon afternoon. it was small - 15 inches, but it was good to know some are around. also some skates.

·
Registered
111 Posts
fished a couple of hours on the jetty on the south end of longport on friday the 21st. Outgoing tide with clams, no takers but it was a nice day. Just waiting for my old buddy the finnadict 5 to come down so we can catch em up.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Manahawkin Bayside.

Fished for 2 hrs , rte 72 Manahawkin bridges yesterday, around 5:00 pm low water caught a 18"striper on a bloodworm, fished on a 1/4 oz. jig head right off bridge piling. The fish hit the jig on the fall. Was also flounder fishing had a few bites but, I think they were perch because I couldn t hook them. Gonna try again Friday. I will be off from work and will try earlier in the day, maybe around noon time.
Liv 2 Fish
Forced to work..

·
Registered
210 Posts
fished pleasentville/west ac yestrday. high tide plugs, shads=nothing

went over to the longport jettys first cast with plug lost the plug and all my braid because of a tangle!:mad: threw some clam 2 hits nothing in...going to oc maryland tomorow any help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Posting this one a few days late, fished 3/26 from about 5-10pm hit a bunch of spots from longport all the way to... stoneharborish, just scouting around alittle. messed around with plugs and shads with no luck. picked up one tiny bass (14 inches) on a fin-S, near north end of OC. looks like i'll be heading out again tonight, i'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
3/29/2008

Fished South end around Corson's and Beesley Point nothing. Used plugs and fished bait (clams). Nothing - Did watch two guys castnet herring and perch at Beesley. One of the guys netted three small stripers and the other guy netted one. Other then that it was pretty dead.:mad:

Rich

·
Registered
18 Posts
got out last night, 11pm-1am, scouted around but stuck to OC and longport/Margate... nothing, tide wasn't what i hoped nor the weather. oh well, back to tying teasers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.