BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting a report,please be sure to include as much valuable information as possible. When it comes to "location", please DO NOT post specific "SPOTS".
This request is brought to you by "P.E.T.S" (People For The Ethical Treatment Of Spots)

General area of park - IE. - North, Middle, South or Bayside....
Tide and Conditions
# Fish Caught
bait/lure/fly
Pic's are welcome

[ 07-02-2006, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Red_Cherokee ]

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Went out behind OC around 4 this morning. Not even a bite. The water temp. dropped considerably. A lot of bait was in the water. Too bad noting bigger was chasing them. I was using a pink fin-s on a 1/4 oz. jighead.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Fished the North OC/Longport beach from about 7 to 11 p.m. I only got one big sandshark and one 3.5 foot gray shark on king chunks. While scouting out Strathmere late afternoon/early evening, I asked a guy who was packing up how he did. He said he got only one king all day, and if he knew that would be his luck he wouldn't have kept the one. We talked a little while and I told him I was waiting till dark to see if I could find some stripers - he gave me the king to use for bait. Clams didn't get a bump.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Made it out to the OC area last night for the incoming tide. Caught a 2 lb. blue and a 17" weakie on a 1/4 oz. jighead with a pink fin-s. I had two cutoffs by blues, and numerous other hits. Very weird night, especially the wakes that were being made in the water which I presume were skates or big sand sharks. Kinda creepy especially when they are heading right toward you :eek:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Fished my favorite 7 mile island spots on Sun. and Mon. from 4am to 9am. That was low tide times. The Stripers were on the feed at the tide change. Got two on Sun. 26" and 33". Got three on Mon. two 26" and one 28". They all hit the bottom hook on the hi-lo rig. The water is cold and pretty clear.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Oh sorry, it was a clam thing for me this weekend. I brought my own clams from Rt.35, I just feel like they work better.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Fished Friday night till dawn when I had to leave for work in the am on Saturday. Stone Harber to Corsons on sod banks and bridges. Two smalls a 24' and a 21 and a few small blues.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Fished Friday night till dawn when I had to leave for work in the am on Saturday. Stone Harber to Corsons on sod banks and bridges. Two smalls a 24' and a 21 and a few small blues. Fished pink finesses and black bommers.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Here's a question regarding Brigantine's north end. I was talking to a woman yesterday who has been surf fishing that area for about 40 years. She told me not to wade out past the knees during sunset and dark, because there are big sharks with big teeth patroling the beach. She told me that these sharks spawn in the back and then make their way to the surf. Does anyone have any experence with this or know if it' a fact?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know a gentleman that grew up many years ago in brigantine at his families boat yard and tells me all the time how he used to take the jon boats out and harpoon 5-6ft sharks in the back, when they came in to spawn.
I imagine the sharks I have caught down there the past few years have been mostly browns, but not positive.
It does add a new element of danger when your alone and wading into the surf in the dark, don't it?:eek:

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Fished from 9:30 am til noon today behind OC and caught two short flatties on a 1/2 oz jig head tipped with a Gulp pumpkin minnow. The water temp I think has slowed the bite. I hope it gets better by Sunday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
strathmare?

Sat . morning outgoing water, finally found the kings. First one a nice 14 incher and fat, after that you had to weed through the 9's and 10's to find an anything bigger. Caught over 30 and could only manage 5 to bring home, got to throw back the little ones. Also one small blue , he went back too.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
brigantine north end was pretty much dead all weekend.good weather and good friends kept it from being a wasted two days.i'm guessing cold water and no bait are the culprits.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went out to fish next to a jetty in OC for some kingfish, got a bunch of little sand sharks & only two kingies. Well I remember reading that kingfish heads make a decent bait. I cut the head off one & threw it out and wouldn't you know it within 5 minutes I had hooked a nice fat 36" bass. I was really excited, this was my first keeper surf caught bass ever and the largest bass that I've caught in two years. I think that I might try this again.

Baywader

1 - 20 of 30 Posts