BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a guy that makes the lead bucktails so I figured to pass the time this winter i would do the finish work on them. The only problem is I have never done this before:eek: if anyone could comment with any info that would be great. What type of paint is best, where do you buy the bucktail hair, is there a good website that has these materials???? again I am new at this any info would help. Just trying to get though this winter:):)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
May sound funny but shoot buck first , dry and dye tail , or by one from hunter and dye them yourself,i have used epoxy paint but it still chips and I need to repaint them its easy to do and some tackle shops even sell the material s

·
Registered
575 Posts
There was a booth at last weeks fishing flea market in warminster that had a table full of deer tails in a variety me colors. Sorry but i dont know his name. There is a thread on this site that would be better suited to ask those questions. Happy lure building!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Powder coat paint, you can buy in bulk thouhg limited colors from harbor frieght. I have the guy who was selling the deer tails at my house I will check tonight for you. Also you will need a vise, bobbin and thread. I started doing this last year. I enjoy it and gives me something to do in the winter months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts