BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Any color as long as it's white and any brand as long as it's Andrus.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You can put some pork rind from Uncle Josh on them to works great. I like to use the red pork rind this time of the year.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Spro Jigs?????????

I like the Spro Jigs in 4 and 5 oz. They have fantastic Eyes and swim well...Definitely White, pearl.,.but I don t neglect the Chartruese and Flourecent colors in Dirty water,

Liv 2 Fish
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i always thought the hooks on spro bucktails were terrible. andrus bucktails are great quality with super strong hooks. i don't have anything in my bag but white. in the summer i will use white/yellow for fluke.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
RebelMusicNP said:
i always thought the hooks on spro bucktails were terrible. andrus bucktails are great quality with super strong hooks. i don't have anything in my bag but white. in the summer i will use white/yellow for fluke.
To tell the truth I have never had a problem with the hooks , but the Jigs usually are lost after two or three trips to snags... so you might be right over time.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
ANDRUS JETTY CASTERS with red pork. I dislike the spro bucktails when fishing for bass. However they are great fluke jigs. Seen too many of those hooks get bent out with minimal drag.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
hyperstriper said:
ANDRUS JETTY CASTERS with red pork. I dislike the spro bucktails when fishing for bass. However they are great fluke jigs. Seen too many of those hooks get bent out with minimal drag.
exactly. lost a nice little tarpon in key west once with them and can still remember the sadness and needle straight hook that came up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts