BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I've been trying to figure out if i'm going to go to Los Cabos or Cabo San Lucas. Has anyone one here been to Buena Vista Beach Resort in East Cape Loc Cabos? Got a fishing package deal for 5 night 4 days all inclusive with 3 days of fishing on a 23 Panga for 850.00 plus 600.00 for airfare bringing the total cost to 1,450, which I think is a good deal. I'm figuring 1 day of inshore fishing and 2 days offshore for marlin? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will have an awesome time! I was in Cabo San Lucas ( not at that resort - I stayed at Villa del Arco ) last May and had the best time fishing. I went out with a guy on a 23 Panga also - It was around $250 for the day w/ lunch & license + bait. You have to buy a fishing license for the day and show it to officials on your way out at the inlet. We trolled big eyes for Rooster fish just around the arch and hooked up steadily. After awhile, the guide asked if I wanted to catch Marlin...! Of course we were n our way minutes later...1 mile from the beach and you are in 100' depth - 7 miles out and you are in 1000' canyons! We trolled 3 old Penn rod combo's - 1 big eye fresh, 2 daisy chains on the outside. Within 20 mins I hooked a white marlin. We got it to the boat and while trying to pull it in broke off! The guide estimated it at close 100lbs. - Large for a white - about 6ft long..? Soon after, I hooked and landed a nice 22lb. MAhi ( Dorado over ther ).After that nothing for about 2 hours. We ended up seeing a blue marlin ( larger ) finning on top of the water but no takes no matter what we did. Awesome time - you will love it! If you catch a Mahi - Have it filleted and bring right over to one of the local restaurants on the Marina. They will have it mad fresh for your dinner that night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts