BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first of the Snow White Tuna Rods are now ready. We designed them with an Aftco Unibutt, Cork Grip and Fuji Turbo Guides. This is the 50-80 lb 5'6" chunking version. By the end of this week the 7 foot tuna jigger will be done as well. That rod will feature a 40-80 lb parabolic blank paired with an Aftco Aluminun Reel Seat, AmTack Titanium Guides(tuna jiggers) and Cork Grips. Stay Tuned! (as FM Tuna would say)

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
schweeeeettttt

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cut and paste did not come through but the blanks are painted with awlgrip. these rods have the Snow White that you see below. we can do our rods in many different colors. it does cost a little bit more to have the blanks painted however it is well worth it to get exactly what you are looking
Fleet White
H8087 F8185 K8028 Matterhorn White
G8003 F8024 K8006 Off White Revisited
G8009 F8166 K8050 Snow White
G8044 F8063 K8010

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
They are nice But they ain't the custom cranker series.

Fishpicker ............ Proud user of the Bullseye Super deluxe Tourney winner custom cranker series.

You will never find a more durable rod If I can't break them then No Man or No Fish will !!!!!!

The Custom crankers were put to the test last year during the OH 100,000 the Idinorod of shark fishing. We smoked two 12/0's and never once bent the rods They weren't washed for 30 days and 30 nights and they still look like the day that Bullseye delivered them. Not a scuff or scratch just a lot of Blood , Slime and Tears !!!!

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Fishpicker said:
They weren't washed for 30 days and 30 nights and they still look like the day that Bullseye delivered them. Not a scuff or scratch just a lot of Blood , Slime and Tears !!!!
Lemme kow if you need to borrow any gear :D

My Bullseyes are the first rods I grab from the rack when we start getting gear together to hit it hard...

·
Registered
374 Posts
THey are nice but keep in mind the white will eventually yellow with the sun. Next time do not flex coat over the awlgrip. Only the flex coat yellows - not the awlgrip.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
build time on these rods is 3 weeks +/- so if you are thinking about it you should go ahead and pull the trigger. we are only getting busier as the summer rolls around.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The pics really dont do the rods justice. You have to see them in person...they are really sweet!

·
Registered
401 Posts
They look awesome but I've had bad luck with cork on the heavy rods (love it on the light stuff). Did I just have bad stuff???

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
GBowman2 said:
They look awesome but I've had bad luck with cork on the heavy rods (love it on the light stuff). Did I just have bad stuff???
I own 2 custom rods I purchased 4 years ago. They have the cork and I never had any problems with them.

Most times i use them with a harnes so you never really touch the fore grip.

Nice rods Cal

·
Registered
871 Posts
Offshore Custom Tackle said:
I own 2 custom rods I purchased 4 years ago. They have the cork and I never had any problems with them.

Most times i use them with a harnes so you never really touch the fore grip.

Nice rods Cal
Thanx Joe...how have you been! You ready to try Mona Vie yet! I am starting to see the money come in now.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just wanted to thank everybody for their orders and let the others know that the "snow white" tuna rods can be seen in margate, philadelphia and newtown square. build time is approaching 4 weeks and with the looks of the offshore water you may want to get those orders in now because the season is starting 6 weeks early.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts