BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a B&T in the western-south Jersey/Philly area that sells fresh bunker and live clams? Living in Cherry Hill, it's very difficult to plan a night trips because all the B&Ts are closed by the time I get to the shore. I love throwing plugs, but I also know I have a far better chance of landing fish on fresh bait.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Try Brinkmans B&T on State road, in the NE. I can't think of anyone else. Its near the Cottman exit.

Around 4-6 years ago, when I would make my night trips to Cape May, there used to be a Bait Machine in thne Texaco, on Sunset Blvd. The machine is no longer there, but was so conveinent, I always relied on that machine, and it was stocked daily with good bait, it had shedder crabs, squid stips, clams, mullet, ect.

A long time ago i started a thread about it, and the Junkman if I remember correctly said there was one in Stone Harbor. After this I'll pull it up for you.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Here is Brinkmans # 215-632-0676, have it saved in my cell phone. It was the only place I could find Boones Needfish, good shop that will order anything you need, with a nice assortment of saltwater stuff.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I just tried doing a search for the "Bait Machine" topic I started when I first joined, its not coming up, maybe you could try. I'm pretty sure it was in the Surf Forum.

I'll call Junkman and see if he remembers where its at, if its still there.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DJ. If I can get out at all this weekend it would be Sunday night. If I can, I may hit LBI.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Absecon Bay Sportsman Center probably has live clams and fresh bunkler if their available. I never seen a bait and tackle shop so well stocked for lures and live bait.

Plus they're a Barn sponsor. Check out their website and/or give them a call.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flattop - do they have store near Cherry Hill/Philly or just in Absecon? Doesn't help if in Absecon because they would be closed before I get down there if I leave my house at 8 pm

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
It's just the one store in Absecon. Sorry. :(

I know that Timber CreeK B&T in Brooklawn can order live clams for you, not sure on the bunker. Never ordered bunker from them but have ordered live clams. In fact last year when I was planning some trips I ordered clam ahead of time and they were at the shop waiting for me. You got to pick them up during shop hours though. I don't know any B&T open past 7:00 pm, but that just me.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Flattop. I check it out.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Yeah, some shops, once the get to know the shops, they will leave the clams outside for you, its not as good in the summer, but when it a little cold out it won't matter.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Fishenough. How's your luck been running? I think I'll be heading down very early Monday morning (sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night!) I'm thinking about hitting the same spot I git the 39"er or maybe LBI.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I got fresh from johns seafood in gibbstown about 20 minutes from our area down 295 good people and just ask and they can get it for you, I got many flats of bloods in spring from them and there a Barn sponser too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts