BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of some guys that do very well catching flounder w/ bunker as bait. Laast year I fished right next to them w/ minnows and the bunker caught more fish and bigger fish.
Does anyone use bunker for flounder and if so can you please shed some light on the method.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
i tried spot at the old grounds and only had one 19" fish on it....we have caught flounder on the chunk before while chunking for stripers

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If you can, get peanut bunker. They are like flounder candy. Also, little snapper blues work just as good if not better. Good luck

Ryan

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
flynn-s, the hard part is getting them live and keeping them that way. after that i use a small barrel swivel attached to 20lbs fluro leader. i tie a droper loop of about 6" or so,depends on the speed of the drift. longer w/ more drift. a small english flounder hook at the end w/ a peanut bunker hooked thru the mouth and out a nostril. if they are there, you will know it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I agree...Freshly caught bunker for flatties are excellent bait. I have had great success drifting in the area of the 14ft lighthouse. Try drifting along the shipping channel in the middle of the bay. Or may be even between the 9 and 10 bouys. Good luck. V

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assumed they were using strip baits, the peanuts were not around when I saw these guys catching.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
All I use when they show up..........Been out of town.......Have they shown up yet in the marinas or creeks?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was on a party boat on the delaware bay earlier this year, the mate snagged a few bunker, stripped them out and everyone started catching fish... including the 7# pool winner.

And underdog, I saw a lot of peanuts in Belmar a couple weeks ago. Theyre probably in most places by now, but dont know for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts