BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
captainal...I've been out on quite a few charters down there in the past 5 years and from what I know the bunker first show up back around the Keyport area and then spread all around. I read a lot of reports about getting bunker in the Great Kills harbor last year. Late in May and early June the bunker start hanging on the ocean side around the Hook. Last year I tried a different charter because I wanted to try liveline bunker instead of clams and 2 hrs. after we left the marina we were back in the Municiple Marina trying to snag bunkers. The first mate couldn't even throw a cast net to save his life. I finally asked the captain to give up and use clams. It was my worst trip since going down there. Be carefull of that ramp at Leonardo. At low tide you could drop your boat trailer off the end.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fishfinder,Thanks for the info,I'll try the upper
bay and great kills this year. I know about the
ramp at Leanardo,I've seen many days when we had to wait,while someone did't believe the 3 signs
that say end of ramp.
captainal

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
2004 according to my log book and recollection... have seen nothing yet... but I will be out from Thursday thru Saturday in the bay and I'll let u know

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
broken bobber,Is their a good ramp in the Keyport
area,I have a 20'proline on a roller trailer.I
usally fish sunday mornings 5am. Since all reports are from the Keyport area,it would save me the run up from Leonardo.
thanks captainal.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Originally posted by captainal:
broken bobber,Is their a good ramp in the Keyport
area,I have a 20'proline on a roller trailer.I
usally fish sunday mornings 5am. Since all reports are from the Keyport area,it would save me the run up from Leonardo.
thanks captainal.
check your mail

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.