BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I finished up a Bushido 250g 6' 6" blank. Decided to try some diamond wrapping on this one and also made it spiral wrapped. This will be a great rod for live-lining bass, jigging, blackfish and whatever else. This blank has plenty of power and can easily handle all the inshore bluefin you want. I'd say anything up to 100# this blank would have no issues yet is light enough to bass fish with as well.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Blank - Bushido 250g, 6' 6"
Seat - Fuji graphite TCSD-18
Grips - Premium Cork
Guides - Fuji - MNSG - 20, 16, 16, then 12's up including the tip

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I haven't seen the blanks yet. How much reaming was needed for the cork handles? Did you cut the blank or was it 6'6 to start. Nice job

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't seen the blanks yet. How much reaming was needed for the cork handles? Did you cut the blank or was it 6'6 to start. Nice job
Thanks Brian! There was a bit of reaming of the rear grip but nothing too bad. The foregrip was minor. The blank started at 6'6" and I kept it. I like this for the inshore stuff. I have another one of these blanks and building as a spinner now.

The heavier jigging rods, 300, 400 and 500 all come 5'8" I just did a 500g and cut 3" off of that. I also picked up one of their 350g 7'6" popping rods and am working on that as well now.

Did you get my email about Hatteras? I didn't hear back from you man.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Extreme, very nice looking rod but why are the guides not straight? Who helped you? Jay? I maybe interested in purchasing a few but the guides need to align correctly and I would like you to use green thread and a bluefin logo. I would also like a warranty.

Lmao, nice job extreme! Good luck in NC this winter, hopefully I make a trip with you girls.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey Guys,

I finished up a Bushido 250g 6' 6" blank. Decided to try some diamond wrapping on this one and also made it spiral wrapped. This will be a great rod for live-lining bass, jigging, blackfish and whatever else. This blank has plenty of power and can easily handle all the inshore bluefin you want. I'd say anything up to 100# this blank would have no issues yet is light enough to bass fish with as well.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Blank - Bushido 250g, 6' 6"
Seat - Fuji graphite TCSD-18
Grips - Premium Cork
Guides - Fuji - MNSG - 20, 16, 16, then 12's up including the tip

beautifull job extreme, love the colors :thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bali and Paul!

Mike, yeah, no problem. The wind-ons are tested and 100% confident with them. Let me know if you need any.

I just picked up a couple more blanks to build for Link. He's getting the 400 and 500g blanks as well.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
390 Posts
The rod is gorgeous! Question: What's the name of the over and under technique setting up the guides. Heard about it several years ago but never tried one - heck, never found one to try. Heard it increases power of rod almost by half. You builder guys pretty confident in it?

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
The rod is gorgeous! Question: What's the name of the over and under technique setting up the guides. Heard about it several years ago but never tried one - heck, never found one to try. Heard it increases power of rod almost by half. You builder guys pretty confident in it?
spirial wrap,, there are a few names for it.
it does not increase the power of the rod.
it does take some twist and torque out of it under load.
I have been building them for years.
we teach it in our classes

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks Slopoke! I believe your referring to acid wrap or spiral wrap for the guides. Not really needed especially on the inshore rods but it does help with rod twist/torque as the line naturally wants to go under the rod as it bends. With the heavy drags on some of the tuna set ups I think it does help. Others guys with more knowledge could probably give a better and more complete explanation I'm sure. I did on this one just because I wanted to learn how to build them this way. All my other 350-500g tuna jigging rods are built like this as well.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
942 Posts
Very nice job. Bought a rod wrapped like this for my daughter in the 90's at Harrisburgh's Sports Show. Back then it was called a Robert's wrap.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Very nice job. Bought a rod wrapped like this for my daughter in the 90's at Harrisburgh's Sports Show. Back then it was called a Robert's wrap.
yep, been called that for 100years,
there are a few different ways to do it, but alll basically the same theory.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts