BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just went up to the beach for a few minutes to see what was going on with the ocean. i brought my binoculars to scan for birds, etc., and ended up looking at about the 100+ boats that are outside the GE Inlet all the way up and off of AC. I don't ever remember seeing so many boats on a weekday before.

If anyone on one of those boats reads this, let us know what was happening.

by the way, a few birds on the water resting. that's it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lad,

Was a grand day tae be off the inlet. The radio was abuzz with talk of many "barking weakies" being taken aboard. We did get one spike, but all we seemed to gather in large numbers was croakers.

The "barking weakie" comment reminds me of an old gent bank fishing behind OC who said he was "loading up" on "very large striped perch".

Had tae turn the FF off as it was gieing me a headache with all the beeps.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It seems that the bunker were on the move and caught everyone with their pants down. I heard numerous croaker chokers rambling on as birds were working the beach just outside the breakers. I missed a blitze around 5:00PM and saw about 200 birds flying and sitting on the beach. Low tide sucks *** in OC there is no deep water off any of the jetties to remotely hold any kind of fish during lowtide. I saw some mullet jumping and being chased but couldn't get to bite. I heard Corson's Inlet was the place and Sea Isle. Looks like you need to snag some bunker to catch the big ones. Alot of clowns were jigging bucktails and crap like that. Only a couple of guys who knew what was up were crushing big blues and bass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts