BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1990 245 C-Hawk w/ pilot cabin (25.5 ft actual hull length, LOA 28.5ft w/ motor)
1989 200hp Yamaha on a Stainless Steel Armstrong Bracket; motor has approximately 200-225 hrs
1990 Aluminum Float On trailer

Boat was completely overhauled in August-October 2005 with the following:
* Hull was painted in Awl-Grip ?Vivid Red?. Four coats of Awl- Grip and 2 coats of epoxy-based primer.
* All electrical wiring was replaced and electrical distribution boards installed. All wiring points labeled.
* All new electronics installed in October 2005 ? this includes Raymarine DX500 digital sonar, JRC 1000 dome 16nm 1.5 kw radar, Garmin 182c GPS with BlueChart for Delaware Bay and an Icom 402 vhf. NOTE: You may substitute a Furuno 1600 multifunction GPS & sonar with an Airmar transducer and Navionics chart for the Maryland/Delaware coast for the Raymarine DX500 sonar
* New copper bottom paint in October 2005
* New boot stripping in October 2005
* New inspection hatches in October 2005
* All deck fittings were re-sealed with 3M 5200 sealant or 3M marine grade silicon
* New fuel filter and spreader lights in October 2005
*The 245 model is the finest off-shore hull that C-Hawk ever built. This hull is virtually identical to the Maycraft 25
*Very smooth ride in heavy seas.

Motor was serviced by Taylor Marine in August 2005 with over $2k in repairs; receipts available. Runs perfectly. There is no hour meter on the boat but the reported hours of 200-225 are an honest assessment as this boat was run very little by the previous owner (I am the 2nd owner) who purchased the boat in 1990 and allowed it to sit idle. I purchased in August 2005. Motor repairs performed by Taylor Marine addressed issues related to the motor sitting idle for so many years ? carburetor rebuilds, gasket replacements, spark plugs, etc. Total investment on motor rebuild was just over $2k ? receipts available.

Trailer ? Aluminum Float On Trailer. New tires, axles, springs, winch stand, trailer jack, safety chains and most U-Bolts. Needs lights replaced.

I purchased the boat in August 2005 to use as a supplemental charter boat to chase migratory rockfish along the Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey coast. After purchasing and re-fitting all aspects of the boat and using the boat from October through December, I realized that this boat is too small for the numbers of clients that I typically charter. I was limited to 5 anglers when drift fishing and probably slightly more for bottom fishing although I never fished at anchor with this boat. My main charter boat is a 46x14 twin diesel deadrise (the ?Good Chance? sailing out of Deal Island, Maryland) and I will use this vessel next year when chasing the migratory rockfish. As such, this 245 C-Hawk is for sale. This vessel needs no work and is a true turn-key operation for her next owner. She is an excellent bay and ocean boat.

Cost - $18,000. Call Capt. Chris Lesser at 302-228-2870 (cell).

I've got several pictures but am having trouble posting them here. I'll continue to work on it though.

Please feel free if I can provide any additional information here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For now, anyone wanting to see a pictur or pictures of the boat will have to contact me directly at [email protected] as I'm having a diffult time uploading these photos to myfish.com and then over to the Barn.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As the seller I've been asked by a few individuals asbout the C-Hawk 245 compared to the Maycraft 25ft pilothouse. Here is a fairly generic response to this question that hopefully with answer the same question taht others may be considering. Thanks for looking. I'm still working on down-sizing pictures.

"The 245 C-Hawk is virtually identical to the 25ft Maycraft. Actually, the guys who make Maycraft used to work for the guys who own C-Hawk. If you look at the specifications of the 245 C-Hawk it's almost identical to the Maycraft. And if you put each vessel side-by-side, they look almost identical as well.

In terms of the C-Hawk's offshoe ability, I am aware of a guy in NC who takes his boat 70 miles offshore -- I believe if you look at www.thehulltruth.com and type in 245 c-hawk, you will see his posting on this boat hull.

From my experience, the ride is actually extremely good and better than the 25ft modified "V" offered Parker. I know this because my father owns this boat as well so I have been able to comapre quite well. The 245 C-hawk has an extremely deep v on the forward side and approximately 18 degrees at the rear. As such, here ride in a 3ft swell is very smooth. Many of my clients were quite suprised by here ride. In addition, the addtional motor setback offers a larger "planing angle" making the 25ft hull ride like a boat 2-3ft longer. As far as your friends who claim that the C-Hawk is a wet boat.... I am certain that they are referring to the very popular 23ft C-Hawk which is a very wet boat. I had one for about 10 years and sold it very recently to a friend. The 23ft had a 12 degree aft deadrise (or so I recall) and thsi degree of deadrise was carried pretty far forward making the boat throw almost as much water as a fire hose in a quartering sea. THis is not at all true for the 245 hull design."

Chris

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Shadow,
What an awesome boat.

I have the 20' cc model and these boats are die hards.

They are true fishing boats. I have spilled alot of blood on the boat and man, she shines up like new with just some raw water.

good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
what does she cruis at and Top end ...
did you get an idea on fuel consumption yet ??
Im just curiuos ??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VDAWG-

I normally run her at 3700-3800 rpm's and get 20-21kts with 2 people and gear. Fully loaded with 5 passangers plus me and gear I get 19-20kts at the same rpms. I have absolutely no idea of what the top end of this boat is as I have never taken her above 4400 - and I only did this 1x for a short while but I forget what the speed was. I imaging that the top end at 5500 is probably around 28-30kts. This might be a little high estimate but is probably about right. My fuel consumption is 8-9 gal/hr at 3800 depending upon sea conditions so I guess that I'm getting about 2.5 miles/gallon. Not too bad for a boat of this size.

Capt. Chris

·
Registered
16,701 Posts
Just in case you are wondering why he won’t respond, this is a 12 year old thread and the post above yours said the boat had been sold. You might want to look at a different boat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts