BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a furuno Navnet system onboard and use the cmap C314 bathimetric chart when offshore. ...i have not updated it in 6 years and just checked the c-mpa website but don't see that chart...they have others which i assume are just larger areas of the same...but they also have "special" charts for commercial fishing which they claim has additoinal data in it.

...anyone use these?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I don't suggest updating if you are looking for data from 15-50 fathoms. They have some type of issue with them. The last good version of the 314 that I could find was the .07 version. It's find inshore of 15 fathoms and for the canyon, but mid-range, you don't get much in the way of bathy contour.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cmap

I have cmap nt top and bottom stations using furono 1850 at helm and 1650 in tower. I just joined cmap club for $79. Turn in your chip and they give you a new ugrade free. I currently have canyon chip but want to switch to bathymetric. I was told by cmap that new updated chips are being released in April so I am calling after April 1 to verify and order bathy for $199. The canyon chip upgrade will be free when I turn in old chip so I'll have both. The sales rep from Jeppers (co.that owns cmap) showed me some graphic charts depicted on current bathy chip at ac boat show and they looked pretty good so I'll give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts