BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I had to order them on-line years ago but I think I got a few at the sports authority on 202, but they had the gold blade and I wanted the silver. These were killer on pike up in NY 1000 Islands. I still have about 15 new left. Thinking about it I called and ordered them from the 1000 island bait store.

Heart said:
Does anybody know where I can get a few of these in the West Chester area?

·
Registered
427 Posts
One of my favorite lures for pike and pickerel is the Mepps Black Fury inline spinner. They come in different sizes depending on what you are targeting.

I could never understand what a fish saw in them. They look like an airplane propeller in the water. But boy do they work great on the members of the pike family.

·
Registered
75 Posts
small c.p. swings are awesome for trout, especially those mid summer holdovers that you know are there but will hit nothing

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help

I just ordered about 10 of them from the Gordon's website. Thanks. I won't have them for opening day but the shipping and handling charges cancel out the gas I would have burned to get there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what luck!!!

Placed the order on the internet yesterday. Received it today. Can't beat that at all!

·
Registered
162 Posts
My man, you just got yourself a very fine trout catcher there. Thats all i ever use or need. I prefer the size 2, it may be a little big, but someone even the smaller trout get their mouths around it. As far as the color of the spinner, it makes no difference whats so ever.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get a few of these in the West Chester area?
They only work if you fish! :p

I've been out 4 times in the last week - call me. Rooster tails are the ticket. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been throwing spinners and other artificials...nothing! I've been out every day since Saturday. Only one skunk. Everything caught on wax worm except today, caught on yellow trout magnet tipped with meal worm.
Andy, where have you been going? I've been in Aston and Downingtown.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Andy, where have you been going?

Ridley Creek and East Brandywine. I don't take anything with me but a box full of spinners. White/Silver has been the go-to but others have worked too. Today was my worst day - only 1 rainbow. Yesterday I got 3 browns and a rainbow and dropped a few more in about 1 1/2 hours.

I might get out again tomorrow afternoon. If you're not working call me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally

I finally caught something with these spinners this year. Today they wouldn't take bait but my spinners caught two with many more hits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts