BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that Cabelas is planning to open in Vineland and Basspro is going to open in Belmawr. Anybody else hear this, it would be great.

·
Registered
20,040 Posts
Personally I am a Tackle Direct junkie.... for fishing, you don't need cabelas unless you are getting stuff in bulk... and they are a local company. If you have not checked out their new showroom in somer point you are missing the boat...

·
Registered
11,920 Posts
I'll be interested to see how it works out. I was foreman on the garbage dump there until it closed around '75-'76. I thought 20 yrs. was a long time to wait for something to be done. Who woulda thunk? And it seems like I was running heavy Caterpillar stuff just yesterday.

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
some where on the bass pro site it tells you its a dead issue.

·
Banned
2,110 Posts
Vineland makes no sense. It would not provide the type or amount of customer base a Cabelas needs, and with firearms laws being what they are in Jersey, I think the whole state is just s no.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Personally I am a Tackle Direct junkie.... for fishing, you don't need cabelas unless you are getting stuff in bulk... and they are a local company. If you have not checked out their new showroom in somer point you are missing the boat...

Agreed.....100%

Cabela's and Bass pro are great stores if you're shopping for everything outdoors....(fishing, camping, hunting, hiking)....or if you need freshwater gear as well as salt.
For the vast majority here that fish strictly saltwater, you can't beat Tackle Direct, and the new showroom in Somers Point is my new candy store.....:D

There was talk a few years back about Cabela's taking over the old Atlantic City Horse Racing Track in Mayslanding, the property is plenty big enough, and there's a major shopping mall right next door with the Atlantic City Expressway dumping you off in the middle of it all. Everything they could possibly want in a prime location was there, but they backed out. Now I don't know this as fact, but I'm willing to guess that New Jersey's draconian gun laws probably had something to do with it, and they got worse since Cabela's back out with this stupid and useless one gun a month law. I seriously doubt we'll ever see anything like a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop, with a good part of their business being the sale of guns and ammo, and the out right idiotic gun laws in this state, I just can't imagine they would want to set foot in this place.....but again, that's just my opinion......for what it's worth.....

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
I agree on never having a Cabelas because of NJ firearms laws.

I think BPS woud do excellent in Bellmawr. It is accesible from Philly, Shorepoints and most major highways intersect there. You have 42 (AC Exps.) 295 and the NJTPK all within a mile or two.

They will get customers for salt and fresh water fishing from the tri-state area.

·
Registered
896 Posts
That would be nice... Hit the Orlando store down in Florida, man oh man was nice. However, that site is great location wise but how much $$$$ to remediate environmental issues not to mention the NIMBY-ism and of course how liquid is BSP to front the construction $$$$$$'s...
Hmmmm....

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
That would be nice... Hit the Orlando store down in Florida, man oh man was nice. However, that site is great location wise but how much $$$$ to remediate environmental issues not to mention the NIMBY-ism and of course how liquid is BSP to front the construction $$$$$$'s...
Hmmmm....

The site work is well on its way now. I only live a few miles from it and they have been working on it for about three years now. Check out the link I posted.

·
Banned
2,110 Posts
I'm lucky that I am within an hours drive from Cabelas, Basspro and Gander Mountain,but,. we have a chain down here, Academy sports, and in my opinion they are just as good as the catalog stores, and their prices are far better,

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Not sure about Basspro.

Cabelas was mentioned about 5 years ago for Millville. The site of the race track was a possibility for the retail store. Frankly, cabelas would have been better.

as for the NJ firearm laws. They really are not much worse than other states for rifles and shotguns just more expensive. Cabelas is building a megastore in East Rutherford, NJ so they must know the rules.

BTW,
Wawa is going to build a super WAWA at the corner of Buckshutem and Cedarville road. This should make alot of Barners happy

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey, pigs fall from the sky! I mean there's always enough grease aka walking around $$$$$ to spread around to the politicos if it hasn't happened already.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts

·
Registered
31,320 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Jason,I'll give you the population argument :eek: and more so give you the dense part although I think it pertains to NJ politicians;):D.I would rather sell 1 of one thing then 2 of another without the paperwork of one;)
What paperwork?
So you have to fill out a form in NJ. NJ charges for the NCIC background check. Most states don't, but you still have to have it done.

What will suck is no gun sales in NJ during any state holidays. (unless this changed)

Pistols are a pain in any state.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts