BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking outside at the snow and ice that is still here and seeing the snow that is now falling. I look at the ten day forecast that has the temps not reaching 40 degrees.

I may go out in the back yard tomorrow and practice casting. I may assemble my baitcaster, tie on the yellow plastic weight, put on my snow boots and have at it! I may even cast out onto the ice just to watch the plastic weight bounce.

I may even go to the local library and check out some fishing DVD's!

How bad are things for you?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
It's not TOO bad for me. I got out in mid January for some tog, and also took the yak out on the river after getting the fish finder installed. I will probably go fishing after work sometime this week for some pickerel, might even take out the yak if I can get the snow off of it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I'm on Tacklwarehouse, and lurenet every day putting orders together and figuring out what Im missing or need more of, which tends to turn into a new thing every day.:D My tackle is as organized as its going to get as I've probably done that 5 times this winter. Its not easy, but the worst the wait, the sweeter it is when you feel that first tap in the spring.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have been reading anything I can ge my hands on about fishing. I have gotten a bit tired of magazines lately. I read In-Fishermen's Largemouth and Smallmouth's books. Right now I am reading "Bass Madness, Bigmouths, Big Money and Big Dreams at the Bassmaster Classic by Ken Schultz. It is presenting a less-than-positive view on these big tournaments. Being a kayak fishing nut, my two favorite books lately were "In Pursuit of Trophy Smallmouth Bass: My Life in a Kayak" by Jeff Little, and "Kayak Bass Fishing" by Chad Hoover. Both provide a ton of info and a fun to read. I have also been spending money on new hooks, lures, plastics, etc...
Hey Sandwashslugger, how is your kayak fishfinder working? Was it difficult to do? That is my next project for my kayak! Thanks.
Tom.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tom, the fishfinder is working very well so far. Wurk2fish (Mike) did it for me actually... I am not too good at stuff like that. I got a cheaper one ($100) at dicks. I use it more for depth than "finding fish". Each time out I am using different settings to see which way is most accurate. I do not use the fish symbols, so the toughest part is knowing what I am looking at. I always try to remember not to go crazy over every little thing I see on it. It's a tool but can really be distracting at times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.