BASS BARN banner

Cabin Fever

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Captain Jims Charters 
#1 ·
Last couple of snow storms I got stuck in work for 24 to 36 hours, so I decided to take this one off. List of things I got done (aside from my wifes chore list,which I try not to read) 1. made new hanging rod holder in shed. Now hold 24 rods and reels. 2. Made milk crate/pvc tube holder for transporting rods. Now can carry 12 rods in 2 crates to and from boat. I think I got the idea from someone on this board. Whoever it was thanks. 3. inventoried life jackets 2 light sticks and a whistle on each one. Same with inflatable life belts 1 strobe light and whistle on each. 4. Repacked ditch bag. waterproof Radio,GPS,EPIRB,first aid,flares + gun,dye markers,signal mirror,whistle,waterproof flashlights,knife,space blankets,power bars, water and batterys. 5. Inventoried boat tool box. 6. Nastiest of all finally cleaned out my bait refridgerator in the shed. That job really stunk. Now, is it just me or does this sound like cabin fever to you guys too?:nuts:

#4 ·
$ 1000

$1000 here a $1000 there and then another $1000 somewhere else. Money dosn't talk it screams. Every time I start thinking about money I try to remind myself how long I'll be dead for. Not advocating going broke, but I've never seen anybody go to thair grave with thair money. Life is to short not to do what you love.:cool:

#6 ·
$1000 here a $1000 there and then another $1000 somewhere else. Money dosn't talk it screams. Every time I start thinking about money I try to remind myself how long I'll be dead for. Not advocating going broke, but I've never seen anybody go to thair grave with thair money. Life is to short not to do what you love.:cool:
you never see a uhaul following a hearse....you know why? you cant take it with you when you're dead.

har!

i just sent one of my avets off for service...i need to pick up a set of filters and some new batteries, other than that i'm practically ready to go in the water. I have a couple pesky barnacles, but my bottom paint held up so well i'm not gonna repaint this year... I'll haul out in june for a power washing, i should be good to go.

#7 ·
Ready for water

I wish I was as ready as you Jim. With a little luck with the weather I should get My bottem paint and a few other jobs done and be ready by early to mid April. I don't have a trailer or anything to pull one with, so when I luanch I'm in for the season. I use Abby's boat hualing and have for 13 years. I would reccommend Bob (Abby's) very highly to anyone who uses a service. Reasonably priced,very puntuctal and a pro at what he does. Did you get my message about the slip?

#9 ·
I wish I was as ready as you Jim. With a little luck with the weather I should get My bottem paint and a few other jobs done and be ready by early to mid April. I don't have a trailer or anything to pull one with, so when I luanch I'm in for the season. I use Abby's boat hualing and have for 13 years. I would reccommend Bob (Abby's) very highly to anyone who uses a service. Reasonably priced,very puntuctal and a pro at what he does. Did you get my message about the slip?
yeah i got your message - thanks for your hard work, but i had just pulled the trigger on a slip at Shore Haven... I have a trailer for winter storage and easy haulouts...my only issue is finding a suitable ramp to dunk it in (deep enough)

#8 ·
cabin fever? i think i go into my coat closet, which i confiscated as a garage. and stare at my rods/reels/lures at least once a day. I serviced all my reels myself back in the end of December...so i can't do that. Tied the few bait rigs ill need, a snag rig, and organized all my tackle early January. I don't think I've ever gone this crazy over a winter w/o fishing. I wish i knew of some good early season bass spots......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.