BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to the waters around TI and Avalon. Our boat is slipped in the Princeton Harbor. We plan on fishing back bay and inshore waters to 20 miles out. We did it last year with fair results. Mostly bottom fishing, and I have no experience with trolling. We're pretty much at the point where every day is still a new experience.

I read the reports every day, and have picked up lots of information here in the past year. Can anyone offer any information specific to this area?

Thank you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to the Barn!

We are in the Avalon area also, though our boat is parked in CM this year.

Favorite back-bay area is Paddy's Hole, which starts just south of the Avalon bridge over the intercoastal and winds back ('s' shaped) to a deep hole; you will know it when you get there, as you will see a lot folks fish there. The down side is that it is crowded and also part of the ICW, so if you drift it you need to keep in mind not to impede the ICW traffic. The area close to the bridge along the sod banks also produces pretty well, and is less crowded.

Another nice area is TI inlet, north side along the bar, pulled some pretty nice stripers from along there, especially when the wind particpates (doesnt blow you into the bar).

Off the beach, Sea Isle Ridge is a great spot, although it can get crowded. Depending on time of year, you can pull some nice bluefish, small dolphin and football bluefin from there.

One warning, south of Paddy's is a long, straight stretch of water affectionately known as the football field. It is a VERY narrow channel that at low tide has some unforgiving shallow spots. You will routinely see folks aground just south of Paddy's (Sea Tow makes a lot of money here).

Enjoy the area!

[ 05-26-2006, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: jjn3 ]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Whats up toolguy? I keep my boat at Avalon Pointe and have fished the back bays for years but this is also my first year hitting the offshore scene.

jjn has given you some pretty good advice. Paddys is always a good place to start but can turn into a parking lot pretty quickly. There are a couple good, navigable creeks in the area and some good deep sod banks.

Name of the boat is Pulp Fishin'

RyanF

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I'll give it a go.

I'll be in the DogHouse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts