BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article a few months ago where a guy was buying clams at a food distribution center in New York city. They weren't just average clams that he was buying but huge monster clams. Big bait= big fish was his logic. So i am wondering if these huge clams can be bought in Phila at the food distribution center or anywhere else. I'd like to get a bushel to salt and freeze for future use.

I guess that I am getting tired of the prices of buying clams from the bait stores every time i need some. there has to be a cheaper way.

I have talked to quite afew people who have told me to take an empty 5 gallon pail up to the atlantic city docks and wait for the clam boats to come in and they will fill it up rather cheaply. But I don't know where the clam boats dock and furthermore I really don't want to waste an afternoon waiting for a boat to show up.

Is there an easier cheaper way to get a fix for my habit?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I read an article a few months ago where a guy was buying clams at a food distribution center in New York city. They weren't just average clams that he was buying but huge monster clams. Big bait= big fish was his logic. So i am wondering if these huge clams can be bought in Phila at the food distribution center or anywhere else. I'd like to get a bushel to salt and freeze for future use.

I guess that I am getting tired of the prices of buying clams from the bait stores every time i need some. there has to be a cheaper way.

I have talked to quite afew people who have told me to take an empty 5 gallon pail up to the atlantic city docks and wait for the clam boats to come in and they will fill it up rather cheaply. But I don't know where the clam boats dock and furthermore I really don't want to waste an afternoon waiting for a boat to show up.

You can find the bearded type walking on dark streets in the city.:razz::razz:

·
Registered
924 Posts
probally going to cost more than bait store but you can find them my guess.I was thinking about where to get surf clam for cod on party boat much better than salted.you can get a clam license and rake them but it is hard work

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Fresh Bait is always best!!! Support your local bait shops, and they will be there when you need them simple as that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts