BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend, I'm looking to do an overnight canoe trip in the Pine Barrens where I can stop off mid-trip to camp. I would like to be able to fish throughout the trip and have the camp be accessible by canoe only. I've been looking at Atsion to Batsto and Quakerbridge to Batsto but not sure how the fishing is.

Any suggestions? You can email me through the barn if you don't want to post here. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Atsion to Batsto make syre u get thhe permits for camping and fire though, keep any alcohol under wraps you can get fined. Should be great fishing, do't be afraid to eat pickrel though I've had it and it's great.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
As you float down fish the slower parts of the river & swamp areas off to the side of the main flow are best for Pickerel

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Awesome man! I wish I could join ya. I have camped and fished the pines a lot when I was younger. The wardens can be ASSHOLES! Be carefu! They ticketed me in Wharton State Forest for "camping in an endangered species area" when I was 18. We paid to camp there and had a map with no indication of any restrictions for that area. They were just taking advantage of a group of kids.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. Ending up canoeing down Batsto and camped at Lower Forge. We caught about 10 pickerel between three of us. The weather was great and we had a blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts