BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The producer of Jersey Cape Fishing dropped off a tape at the shop. It was a back bay striper tape from November 18 last fall.

This was unedited and he just wanted me to check it out to see how it looked. It was a great day for stripers. Cloudy with just a breeze. Sat up in a narrow channel in one of our rental boats and chunked clam bellies.

As the tape ran I watched the time on the bottom of the screen. I remember telling the camera man that I had a feeling and to have the camera running when I made my first cast. In 24 minutes I had boated six stripers up to 33 inches and lost another near the boat.

There was one other boat up there with me. It was Kayak Drifter and it was just him and me. On the way to this spot I must have passed thirty boats all heading to the rips. We had this area all to ourselves with glass flat water and stripers crashing the surface once they were hooked.

I love the rips, bay and ocean for stripers. After watching that tape I just can't help but believe that this is one of the most fun ways to catch stripers and to teach kids how to striper fish. :cool:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
For my money nothing can beat the back bay in Cape May county

·
Registered
910 Posts
Fred. I don't know if you remember me but a couple years ago just after I was in a serious car accident you sent me a tape of your show. Actually of a couple of them. I still watch them know and love them. I also love the inshore fishing. I grew to love it when I used to live in florida a few years ago. Though I can't afford the big offshore boat I can the inshore type. But I will be waiting till most likely next winter Till I get one and IT WILL be a Triton 240 LTS with T-top and loading to the gills. But Your show was amazing in showing how you pass so many boats to go where its quiet and load up on the fish. Its just what you were saying. I liked how you showed it or at least told us how you passed hundeds of boats to go were it was you and one other boat slaying all the fish. I am addiced to the back bay and when I have the urge to go offshore just charter the boat and go and not worry about all the hassel of the big offshore kind of boats.

I just hope that we have the same kind of good fishing up here in little egg harbor Great egg inlet I think is the name of it and great bay offers the same kind of oppertunity as you have down your way?

Take care and I wont forget you for giving me this tape when I was down and out for the last year or so. Thanks so much for your kindness.

Brian

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Trick photography I'm sure... :eek: Everyone knows all of the stripers are in the Rips!!! ;) I don't believe a word of it!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Can't wait.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
So True Fred,,,,
I cherrish every opportunity I get to fish
the South Jersey BackBays and ICW...
The Action Is EveryWhere and When You Find It,
It Can Be Non-Stop Action for Hours....

Here is a shot of a couple of Early Season
Stripers I Caught Last Year and What They
Were Feeding On,Shrimp,Crabs and Spearing.
Quite A Smorgasboard In The BACK......

·
Registered
130 Posts
Chunking-
Good to hear (read) from you. I remember that day, and plan to do it many times this year. Is it possible to get a copy of that tape for home?
You are right about the backbays. Between the boat and the kayak I have put in alot of time in the last 5 years back there, plus the time on the sod banks, in areas where it can be reached by walking, over many years. Called you Saturday after work, but you must have been out of the store. I'll be over there soon. See you on the water, and we'll hook up this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts