BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What had been an untapped fishery for us in the past busted wide open in 2010 with 4 weeks of flat out the best tuna fishing we ever did and it got even better in 2011.

From the first week in March to the last week in April the Canyon Runner crew ran out of Pirate's Cove Marina in Manteo, NC blue waters of the Gulf Stream and caught no less than an average of 10-15 bluefin per trip in the 100-300 pound class.

Not only that - most were caught on relatively light jigging and popping tackle.

Not only that - we also nailed dozens of true giant bluefin tuna from 350-600+ pounds.

Capt Mark DeBlasio and crew called it with out question the best fishing we've ever done! And those fully in the know have already re-booked and we have only a couple spots left.

As such I wanted to get this out now as we start everyday on March 2 and I doubt we'll have even one spot letbefore all the dates are gone.

Trips on our 48' Canyon Runner are $1,799 for the full boat and as low as $350/spot on Open Boat trips Mon-Thurs. The Canyon Runner Crew will also be running trips on our sistership Assualt Weapon - trips there are $1950 and $399/person. We used her all of April last year for overflow trips and will be runnign her exclusively this year.

Here are all the remaining dates - not much so please lock something down by emailing me at [email protected]er.com or calling me at 732-272-4445

48 Viking - Full Boat
March 15
April 8-10, 12, 13

48 Viking - Open Boat
March 6 - (1 Spot)
March 13 - (1 Spot)
March 14 - (2 Spots)
March 21 - (3 Spots)
March 29 - (4 Spots)
March 30 - (1 Spot)

54 Custom - Full Boat
March 7, 13
April 4, 5 ,6, 8-13

54 Custom - Open Boat
March 8 - (4 Spots)
March 9 - (2 Spots)

·
Banned
7,247 Posts
Adam - Three and a half weeks to my dates...not that I am counting :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Will be going out with Capt. Mark and a group of great Barners on March 4th. :thumbsup: Looking forward to getting out there.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
So Adam does this mean you will not be making fun of our snoopy rods anymore? Remember you told us we were nuts back in 2010? LMAO. Amazing how far this has come and I hope it holds up and 2012 shapes into a 5 star season. I wish you, Mark, Joe and Phil all the best. The effort you guys put in, in so many ways, is unparalleled to any operation on the east coast. Running that inlet can make you gray real quick. I give you guys a lot of credit. Best of luck in 2012.

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
What boat did not catch its one trophy giant bluefin for 2012???

What had been an untapped fishery for us in the past busted wide open in 2010 with 4 weeks of flat out the best tuna fishing we ever did and it got even better in 2011.

From the first week in March to the last week in April the Canyon Runner crew ran out of Pirate's Cove Marina in Manteo, NC blue waters of the Gulf Stream and caught no less than an average of 10-15 bluefin per trip in the 100-300 pound class.

Not only that - most were caught on relatively light jigging and popping tackle.

Not only that - we also nailed dozens of true giant bluefin tuna from 350-600+ pounds.

Capt Mark DeBlasio and crew called it with out question the best fishing we've ever done! And those fully in the know have already re-booked and we have only a couple spots left.

As such I wanted to get this out now as we start everyday on March 2 and I doubt we'll have even one spot letbefore all the dates are gone.

Trips on our 48' Canyon Runner are $1,799 for the full boat and as low as $350/spot on Open Boat trips Mon-Thurs. The Canyon Runner Crew will also be running trips on our sistership Assualt Weapon - trips there are $1950 and $399/person. We used her all of April last year for overflow trips and will be runnign her exclusively this year.

Here are all the remaining dates - not much so please lock something down by emailing me at [email protected] or calling me at 732-272-4445

48 Viking - Full Boat
March 15
April 8-10, 12, 13

48 Viking - Open Boat
March 6 - (1 Spot)
March 13 - (1 Spot)
March 14 - (2 Spots)
March 21 - (3 Spots)
March 29 - (4 Spots)
March 30 - (1 Spot)

54 Custom - Full Boat
March 7, 13
April 4, 5 ,6, 8-13

54 Custom - Open Boat
March 8 - (4 Spots)
March 9 - (2 Spots)
And how many of the shorts can we keep per day this year..???...if I'm driving all the way to Mateo to fish with you guys I want to take home the biggest load of meat that I can

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And how many of the shorts can we keep per day this year..???...if I'm driving all the way to Mateo to fish with you guys I want to take home the biggest load of meat that I can

Are you serious????? I guess you can't fish with us. We only keep legal fish and right now it's one fish. Sorry maybe this isn't for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry

Are you serious????? I guess you can't fish with us. We only keep legal fish and right now it's one fish. Sorry maybe this isn't for you.
You misunderstood the Babaloni....I did not mea short I just ment smaller than the one giant a year....whatever the legal size for mediums is now that's all...see ya soon capty.......my money is green.....:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry

You misunderstood the Babaloni....I did not mean short I just ment smaller than the one giant a year charter head boat fish ...I want a giant for my wall that's all...and the meat for the freezer....I consider anything less than a giant bluefin tuna a short...they grow to 1800 lbs you know...a 60 inches is a baby:fighting:....whatever the legal size for mediums is now that's all...see ya soon capty.......my money is green.....:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
2012 Recreational Atlantic Tunas Retention Limits
The current recreational daily bluefin tuna (BFT) retention for limit for HMS Angling and HMS Charter/Headboat vessels is one BFT (measuring 27 to less than 73 inches) per vessel per day/trip. In addition to the daily retention limit, vessels are also allowed one ‘trophy’ BFT, measuring 73" or greater/vessel/year. These BFT retention limits are effective for all areas, except for the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico is designated as a spawning ground for BFT and therefore NMFS does not allow recreational caught BFT to be retained while fishing in this area. The recreational yellowfin tuna daily retention limit is 3 yellowfin/person/day/trip. The minimum size for yellowfin and bigeye tuna is 27" curved fork length. There are no recreational limits for bigeye, skipjack or albacore tunas.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Folks - the boys start tomorrow full time. We have a couple days here and there to fill-in but not many.

If you are interested please shoot me an email at [email protected] for the last couple spots that in March.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts