BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captains Phil Dulanie and Mark DeCabia along with mate Mike Zajac took the Mike George charter out on Monday to the Spencer Canyon and put the lines in the water at 5am. They put their first fish, a 20 pound yellowfin, in the boat off a 9 inch Canyon Runner Rainbow Bar at the tip of the Spencer. They worked from there down to the south where a white came up on a Canyon Runner Rainbow Bar and Mark cranked the bar away from the white and dropped back the closest bait which happend to be a Melton Cherry Jet and baited the white on the jet - a little luck was involved on that one. They ended up releasing the 60 pound white. They moved south to try to get in on a little bite in the Wilmington and before getting there came across an 8 foot board and proceeded to pull 3 huge mahi of 34, 25, & 20 pounds in addition to 10 smaller ones. They moved to the east tip where another white malrin came up on the another 9 inch Canyon Runner Rainbow Bar (each of these whites came up on bars trolled from the tip rigger). Mike pulled the bar away from the white and dropped back the long flat which had a ballyhoo/Ilander combo on it and baited the second whtie of the day. This one was also released and was every bit of 80 pounds.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Nice report Adam, great job on the whites! Too bad it wasn't tourney time on that 80lber.
$$$$$$$$$$ Nice mahi BTW...

SAL G

Hopefully we can get past this horror of a weekend forcast, and get on some big tuna soon. Was supposed to fish the tuna tourney out of Cape May this weekend, but that has now been officially called off!!! Will probably now do WMO and possibly the MA500.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - you got that right. I am waiting for the pictures to come off the boat once they stop fishing for the week (which is today due to Beryl) but they all said it was one of the biggest whites they've ever seen.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Canyon Runner- was that your yellow sportfish out there Monday afternoon in the Wilmington? If so we were the Blackfin on that board prior to you and I honestly haven';t seen so many nice sized dolphin in a school like that in my life. We got tired of pulling them in. We also had a white at the 50 in front of the Spencer. How big was the largest white you had?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I am going to retrieve them off the boat tomorrow and get the pictures up on our site at www.canyonrunner.com tomorrow afternoon. The guys did 6 one day trolls in a row from Friday through Wednesday so they slept the day away today but they'll be hard at work tomorrow and first on the list is getting me pictures.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Adam

Sorry our guys don't have the pics either to me yet. They don't have a good excuse like your guys do. Its like pulling teeth to get some digital shots for these guys. Can't say enough good things about the trip and thanks for having the crew of the OH WELL onboard and putting the meat and whites on the boat! Had a great time on the trip and could have asked for anything better! All we needed was a big slob blue to show up to play. Mark popped his blue lure all day long trying to fool some pig into a fight!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts