BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report but just realized I did not post this:

Captains Phil Dulanie and Mark DeCabia along with Mike Zajac took the Mike Walsh charter out to the Hudson Canyon on Wednesday to look for a better bite of tuna a little closer to home. They left behind the string of thunderstorms that came through Tuesday night and made a slow treck to 3 miles west of the bombs where they put them in the water at 6:30am. They trolled across to the east wall down to the elbow and out to the 100-square without a bite. They decided to give the west wall a look over and crossing over right at the tip of the 500 fathom line they had an 8 bagger of yellowfin putting 6 in the boat between 20 and 45 pounds. They obviously hit everything and 3 were 30-40 pounds 2 were 20 pounds and 1 was released as a short. They did not produce again dispite working that area for an hour and then worked over to the west wall to drift for tiles where the pulled just one. They went back on the troll and right at the west elbow had another shot of half a dozen fish but not one of them stayed on the line. They did see the fish come up on the flat lines during that second shot and they were 40 pound fish.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
mike, could use one more. can't get your email so give me a call.

610-659-5613

leaving the dock at 8am and should be back in tuesday afternoon.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Stew - Wednesday th 19th. When you going? We hope to get in a couple overnighters Monday/Tuesday and Tuesday/Wednesday but at this rate with the weather I would be happy to just get in one.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
heading out in the morning. monday/tuesday and hoping for either a day troll wednesday or wednesday/thursday.

i'll give you a call before we leave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts