BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to make a run to the canyon balt/ wilm/poormans on sat 07/22 just looking for some info on which area is hotter is it better trolling or chunking this time of year any help would be nice

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Do You Get A Temp.shot? It's Too Early To Say Where The Action Is Keep Reading And Listning At The Dock. This Is The Beginning Of The Offshore Season,on A Day Trip Trolling Is Probably Best.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Agree with Biggest.
Most action has been occuring inside on the 30-40 lines where there is structure, Bait and current. Tuna, Marlin, dophin etc. Biggest says wait for the water temp charts, but now, unless we get a strong frontal storm, water is basically (In General) the same temp, not color, from 25 miles out to the edge. Thus, there is really no concentration in the canyons just yet. Very typical for July. Best way to determine where your going is to listen and read the catch reports at this point. Don't think your going to do better by choosing one canyon over another, unless you get a good report from that spot. Case in point last weekend, a "couple" of boats saw some whites in Wilmington, Saturday, everyone and their cousin was there only to run down the fish. At one point, we counted 47 boats in the tip. Good to the point, when the boats left, the fish came up around 5:00. Another guy, all by himself inshore on the 40, had an awsome 4 straight days from Friday to yesterday 7/17. I won't say where or who, but many blue, white, tuna and 30 lb+ Dolphin. I hope they stick around till Friday when I try to get there. For more reports from the Charter fleet out of OCMD, check out the web site and see for yourself where the players are fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts