BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I remember reading some posts about Cape May not having a public boat launch and BreeZeeLee closing their ramp to the public. What's going on with that these days. I wanted to come out of the Cape May inlet on Saturday morning. What are my options? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I posted the the ramp situation about a month age and it seems that what I sead is coming true.
The only options I see is launching in North Wildwood, or if your a member of the armed forces or a retiree, there is a launching ramp on the Coast Guard base.
Bidwell creek (Bay Way) I( believe is your next closest option.
It doesn't look good for the trailoring public in Cape May or Lower Township. I don't believe they want us there? :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
I spoke with Bree-Zee-Lee awhile back when the rumors first started flying about them closing their ramp. They assured me it would not be closed. They were just closing it at certain times to accomadate the moving of boats to and from slips.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Gotta love the internet!!! :D
RUMOR capital of the world!!!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by mako6950:
They should put bleachers in and charge $5.00 admission. I'd sell my boat & get a weekend pass for some great entertainment.

:D :D :D :D
Tom, I always said the person who comes up with "Ramp Cam" is gonna hit the big time.

Think about how easy it would be. Set up "Ramp Cams" at various locations. Let the cameras run on weekends only. At the end of the season edit out all the successful launches. Everything else get's burned to DVD for distribution.

It's a no brainer!

[ 06-17-2004, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone suggest another ramp in case BZL isn't open by Saturday morning? We're heading toward the northern Cape May Reef/southern 5 Fathom Bank area. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,867 Posts
Sea Isle city public marina at foot of bridge coming in. Avalon has one but be careful getting out at low tide. Stone harbor has one as well but either Hereford inlet(not marked) or long ride to townsends inlet/cape may

·
Registered
59 Posts
Number for Bree-Zee-Lee is 884-4849

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Harry Colson said he would have the ramp open at Bree-Zee-Lee this saturday. They are fixing a pretty big hole. Heh Tom, your right. We used to have a ramp at Mill Creek and on windy or rainy days, that is where we camped out to "WATCH". It was a blast, especially the time a "blow boater" came to launch his boat. I told him he couldn't launch it there because of the wind and tied. He told me"to mind my own business", so we did. It was great!!!!! He got the boat about 3/4 of the way off the trailer and it took off for the bridge, it was stuck there for the whole incoming tide and part of the outgoing. The guy was still a s--- head even after the incedent, so we left him to fix it himself, as he was pulling up the ramp and on to the parking lot the boat shifted sideways, YOU HAD TO BE THERE. He got out of his car, kicked the boat and gave us the bird because we were laughing so hard. ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called BreeZeeLee and heard that they are open tomorrow also. Did this blow boater try to launch with his sail up? The first thing I thought about when you mentioned the blow boater was his keel getting stuck at low tide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts