BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bass Barners -

Just a head's up that you can see how my November visit to Cape May turned out this coming weekend on ESPN2. Tim was a great guy to fish with, and has a pretty good sense of humor! I thoroughly enjoyed the visit, and hope to do much more in Jersey in the future. Hope you guys aren't too cold up there. It's pretty cold here in South Florida today - high of 75 degrees (time to turn on the heater)! Take care!

Cape May Striped Bass - ESPN2:

02-21-04 (SAT): 11:30 a.m.
02-22-04 (SUN): 9:30 a.m. (featured airing)
02-23-04 (MON): 6:30 a.m.

George Poveromo

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
George,
Thanks for the heads up! I remember Robert telling he was going to shoot this with you.

I am getting my turn at the Florida waters later this week, I'll be in Ocean Reef fishing for what ever the weather will let me. This will be my first time in Key Largo, can't wait to fish the reef and beyond.
Captn Joe

[ 02-16-2004, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Captn Joe ]

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Thanx for the heads up George.You got one of the best saltwater shows around with all the variety of fish and different techniques you use.Keep them coming,and BTW welcome to the BARN!!! Creek Duck

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by g. poveromo:
Hey Bass Barners -

Just a head's up that you can see how my November visit to Cape May turned out this coming weekend on ESPN2. Tim was a great guy to fish with, and has a pretty good sense of humor! I thoroughly enjoyed the visit, and hope to do much more in Jersey in the future. Hope you guys aren't too cold up there. It's pretty cold here in South Florida today - high of 75 degrees (time to turn on the heater)! Take care!

Cape May Striped Bass - ESPN2:

02-21-04 (SAT): 11:30 a.m.
02-22-04 (SUN): 9:30 a.m. (featured airing)
02-23-04 (MON): 6:30 a.m.

George Poveromo
George,

Looking forward to the show! I already have it marked on my Calender. I was next to you guys when you were fishing near the party boat at middle shoal that day! I stayed at middle and you went over towards overfalls I think. I tried calling Timmy on the radio, because we really started to catch them good that last part of the ebb tide! (Bucktailing)

Anyhow, can't wait to see the show...And maybe even see my boat in the background!

Thanks again George! ;)

[ 02-16-2004, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I can't wait to see how it all gets put together after watching the taping. Sitting on the camera boat without a rod was torture. At one point I radioed Don to come get me and I was going to escape on the MCM to fish. Tim wouldn't let me. Something about me ending up in the water before I would be able to climb abord. I guess we will see if Tim teased you too much during the end credits. If Stalker Charter's number appears in place of Tim's I guess he went too far. You guys were pretty comical.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by striper13:
George, I seriously think you should do your next striper show in Cape May with Capt. Skip on the STALKER (AKA striper2278 on the BassBarn) ;) ...striper13
Thanks Rick!

But they got on a really great boat with a really great Capt.!(Timmy) ;)

Who knows..Maybe in the future ;)

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
GP- love the show. The whole family enjoyed the giant grouper show.
Can't wait to see a show from our own area. Hope you told people that it's way too crowded for any more boats in Oct and Nov. LOL

Your show- livelining with TerryS was also excellent and turned me on to snagging and livelining bunker. We learned from the flatsrat himself.

Can't wait until this weekend.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
George, I have been awaiting the show since last fall....its marked on my calendar and tape is in the VCR....great show last week with those huge goliath grouper. I thought that Tog were difficult to get out of structure :eek: :eek: Im headed to Florida at the end of the month and may try to take a shot at them myself. Keep up the great work...MED

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Question for anyone that saw the Goliath grouper show. The trick with pocking the swim bladder behind the fin so they can get back down. Can you use the same trick on the little bass and blackfish you pull up here or do you just poke a tiny hole when it is sticking out of their mouths to get them back down ? How long does that take to heal ? What do they do with a hole in their bladder ? Just curious.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I passed your boat being trailered down while I was heading to my boat on the Maurice river last Nov.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
George,
Looking forward to seeing the show. So how did your visit to Cape May turn out? I hope you caught some big cows.

Skip, you will do anything to get on TV. :D I will look for the Stalker in the background, not in the backround. :D

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by Captblock:
George,
Looking forward to seeing the show. So how did your visit to Cape May turn out? I hope you caught some big cows.

Skip, you will do anything to get on TV. :D I will look for the Stalker in the background, not in the backround. :D
Yes, Yes..

Ah, the silent G :D

[ 02-17-2004, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.