BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats all the hype about the cape may point? Flounder are in 35 ft. of water??? why is the fleet sitting in 15 ft of water??? w/nothing goin on, how do u keep a small buck on the bottom of 35 ft. water? Help me out i'm new in here.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Angleseangler,
Welcome To The BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard...............

Good Question, Maybe Someone who has been
fishing down that way can explain.

Thanks,,

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
RIGHT DEAD AT CAPE MAY POINT NO MORE THAN 20 YARDS OFF THE END OF THE JETTY'S IS 30 SOME FEET.WHEN YOU GET AROUND THE CORNER IT STARTS TO COME UP TO WHERE HE MAY BE TALKING.AT HIGH TIDE IN THE SUMMER ITS A GREAT SHARK PLACE.IF YOU FLOUNDER FISH IN TIGHT YOU ALMOST SURELY WILL SNAG OFTEN.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
I have hooked large sharks at CMP on live croakers in the summer. Couldn't land them though, with 30lb line. To tough from the jetty.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The depth varies greatly and suddenly around the point. The fleet has been drifting through the end of the rips. The depth will go from 10 to 30 feet. There have been lots of flounder caught there this year, but many are shorts.

I've caught some monster flounder when drifting eels for stripers through the rips. Big enough to swallow an eel, but unfortunately they were always out of season.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The depth varies greatly and suddenly around the point. The fleet has been drifting through the end of the rips. The depth will go from 10 to 30 feet. There have been lots of flounder caught there this year, but many are shorts.

I've caught some monster flounder when drifting eels for stripers through the rips. Big enough to swallow an eel, but unfortunately they were always out of season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts