BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of the year to take the boat out for the winter.....maybe. My question is the condition at the ramp in Cape May.
I have heard that the ramp was OK, just don't back down further then the paint on the dock but then I have also heard the ramp is totally washed out.
We usually use the ramp at high tide to ensure there is enough water to float the boat onto the tri-axle trailer.

If the ramp is in bad shape or unusable where else could we pull the boat? Presently it is over in the Crest and Schooner Island and Pier 47 are closed. Are there any other ramps open to use?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
North wildwood ramp is better, It's on 5th or 6th street, I use it twice a year float right on at high tide and ramp and docks are in great shape.
I agree. North Wildwood ramp is much better than Cape May. We usually put the boat in at N. Wildwood and then have it hauled and washed at Snug Harbor, which is our home port.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Used it in December. The guy after me lost his axle on the trailer. Their is a hole in that ramp on the passengers side when you are back down at low tide. Like everyone else said don't go past the paint. Be careful and go slow. I would go somewheres else if you have that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.