4 1/2 tsp Dry Yeast(2packets)
3 cups warm water
2 Tbp- sugar
2tsp kosher salt
4tsp olive oil
2 cups Bread Flour
3 cups whole wheat flour
**I like to add a 1tsp of the following
Dry oregano,basil,onion powder,garlic powder when alternating flour in the mixer...

Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees and place your pizza stone in the oven to get hot.

Mix water/sugar/yeast in mixing bowl let stand for 5 minutes
Add salt, oil and 1 Cup bread flour...mix slowly for 2 minutes...alternate 1 cup of wheat and 1 cup bread until the dough forms a ball...at that point remove the ball of dough and start kneading it on a floured surface for 10 minutes(developing the gluten).

After you knead with your hands for 10 minutes...lightly oil a mixing bowl place your dough in the bowl cover and put in a warm area for 30-45 minutes until dough rises(on top of your pre-heating oven is perfect)...

Once you let you dough proof...pull it out onto the floured surface...knead it/punch the air out and form into a ball. Cut into 4 equal pieces...roll out to prefered thickness...add your tops...corn meal your pizza peel and throw the pizza on the stone....5-8 minutes your pizza is finished...

I just made a batch tonight for dinner....fresh mozzerella, grape tomatoes, spinach and goat cheese...salt and pepper...perfect!!

·
Registered
83,952 Posts
Yields 4 pies!

4 1/2 tsp Dry Yeast(2packets)
3 cups warm water
2 Tbp- sugar
2tsp kosher salt
4tsp olive oil
2 cups Bread Flour
3 cups whole wheat flour
**I like to add a 1tsp of the following
Dry oregano,basil,onion powder,garlic powder when alternating flour in the mixer...

Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees and place your pizza stone in the oven to get hot.

Mix water/sugar/yeast in mixing bowl let stand for 5 minutes
Add salt, oil and 1 Cup bread flour...mix slowly for 2 minutes...alternate 1 cup of wheat and 1 cup bread until the dough forms a ball...at that point remove the ball of dough and start kneading it on a floured surface for 10 minutes(developing the gluten).

After you knead with your hands for 10 minutes...lightly oil a mixing bowl place your dough in the bowl cover and put in a warm area for 30-45 minutes until dough rises(on top of your pre-heating oven is perfect)...

Once you let you dough proof...pull it out onto the floured surface...knead it/punch the air out and form into a ball. Cut into 4 equal pieces...roll out to prefered thickness...add your tops...corn meal your pizza peel and throw the pizza on the stone....5-8 minutes your pizza is finished...

I just made a batch tonight for dinner....fresh mozzerella, grape tomatoes, spinach and goat cheese...salt and pepper...perfect!!

I was going to buy it Friday but think I’ll make it Saturday Morning instead.
Thanx Carl – good stuff

____

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.