BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have an older (2002) raychart 530. i bought a cmap planner/user card so i could download waypoints,etc. got an error for "unformatted card" when i tried. raymarine tech says i need a software update to 4.11 (part#E55044). i cannot even locate this part/update on their website? do you know price? why can't i do this myself or download for free? i guess i would need 4.11 update on a cmap user card as we don't have CF card input?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Why not just switch the input to output and then connect it to the E55044?? With this update we should be able to link directly to the flux capacitor.

Man im glad you take care of this stuff. ....so i can concentrate on drinkin beer!:D

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Ask Ray Marine how much for them to do it for ya !

I gave them my C-80 to replace the film on the screen.
Plus they did some kind of upgrade too.
I cent it on a Monday, They got it that Wednesday and i got it back that next Monday. :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Paul Tripodi said:
Ask Ray Marine how much for them to do it for ya !

I gave them my C-80 to replace the film on the screen.

Man....shoulda put this up here sooner..

Our units screen was "scratched" up also.........was going to send it out.found out the price and said we'll wait another year!.

We just hooked it up on Sun. I was takin it out of the car, and thought id try to wipe it off a little. By mistake, I cleaned it with a rag with wax on it-( we were waxin boat)..............Film started to smear:mad: ......I figured its done now .so Ill REALLY wipe it off!!

Put some cleaner wax on rag.......Cleaned screen.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Amazingly film came right off!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREEN LOOKS BRAND NEW!!!

I would have done this YEARS ago if I had known it.........Hope it helps someone!!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Atee, I may have the update card at home. Send me an email to remind me. i will be glad to check for you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Capt Steve said:
Atee, I may have the update card at home. Send me an email to remind me. i will be glad to check for you.
i talked to a ray tech today who will send me out one no charge. good service! if he doesn't come thru, i'll give you a shout. thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just wanted to thank capt. steve, raymarine, and their tech jeff fink for their help with my problem. great support from raymarine...sent me out two different cards asap to help me out on a 6-year old unit...turns out the older c-map user card did the trick!

thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts