BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any info / website on obtaining a captian / charter license. Does anyone know the aproximate time / cash it takes ??

I will be running a 38 Jupiter out of New Smyrna Beach, FL for charters by August of this year. More info to come soon. Any owners of charter boats with any info would greatly be appreciated. Soon to be a proud sponsor of TBB !!!!!!!!

Thank-you much in advance



[ 02-26-2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,570 Posts
Classes are around $795...some schools have hidden costs ours doesn't.

I have a Dr. that will do a "get you through" physical as he knows the ins and outs of the details and paperwork right here in South Jersey...also inclueds drug test for around $200... (drug tests usually run around 85-100 themselves in areas)

The CG fees run around $140 depending on what they have to review....

I have a class starting in Somers Point on March 10th - 3 consecutive weekends.... Friday nights 6-10pm and Sar/Sun 8-5. PLUS WE ARE A BB SPONSOR!!! see link in signature....

Good luck with everything

[ 02-26-2006, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Capt. Scott ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,270 Posts
Dr. Bass... take Capt. Scott's course, don't pay attention to anything he says, fail the test miserably, then e-mail me the name and phone number of the owner of that Jupiter
..

No kidding... I took his course and passed the first time....

I sat on that beautiful boat for about an hour at the AC Boat Show.... wow!

[ 02-26-2006, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: fmTuna ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Capt. Scott:
Classes are around $795...some schools have hidden costs ours doesn't.

I have a Dr. that will do a "get you through" physical as he knows the ins and outs of the details and paperwork right here in South Jersey...also inclueds drug test for around $200... (drug tests usually run around 85-100 themselves in areas)

The CG fees run around $140 depending on what they have to review....

I have a class starting in Somers Point on March 10th - 3 consecutive weekends.... Friday nights 6-10pm and Sar/Sun 8-5. PLUS WE ARE A BB SPONSOR!!! see link in signature....

Good luck with everything
Thanks Capt.

Appreciate the info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by fmTuna:
Dr. Bass... take Capt. Scott's course, don't pay attention to anything he says, fail the test miserably, then e-mail me the name and phone number of the owner of that Jupiter
..

No kidding... I took his course and passed the first time....

I sat on that beautiful boat for about an hour at the AC Boat Show.... wow!
The owner of the boat is me !!!!!!

I am going to have to Florida guys from New Smyrna run it. Great guys, both are mounds of knowledge with respect to the waters down here. I am planning on taking the course with them

Thanks, Again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,270 Posts
Dr Bass.. I am actually leaving tomorrow morning to go down to SeaVee to see a new 34 CC born at the factory. It looks like it will take trip 275, but the owner and I are flying out at 6 for Ft Lauderdale.... the decision between Jupiter and SeaVee was tough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by fmTuna:
Dr Bass.. I am actually leaving tomorrow morning to go down to SeaVee to see a new 34 CC born at the factory. It looks like it will take trip 275, but the owner and I are flying out at 6 for Ft Lauderdale.... the decision between Jupiter and SeaVee was tough.
I checked out those SeaVee's, very nice boat for sure.

Careful if those 275's are Merc engines, you will only get about 230-240 HP out of them unless you run 93-94 octane through them

Good luck down in Floreeda !!!!



[ 02-27-2006, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,270 Posts
SeaVee lets you put whatever you want on the boat... Personally, i think E-tecs are the way to go, but he is a big Yamaha fan....

... and Grosetti is up to $200 for fees since the change in rules if you are going to use him (which I recommend) as a license agent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
I was just down at our regional exam center in Baltimore Md and they said that the mnimum for paperwork processing has gotten extremely long because of Homeland Security. They say a minimum timeframe to get your liscense of 6-8 weeks...so put that into account if you're circulating the paperwork yourself. It probably effects the services you pay to get your ticket faster as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
total cost around $1000, Applying thru Battery Park , New York took me 4 months.I know some guys are flying out to midwest to Rec. offices with less backlog and get them in a few wks.Check their backlog before you apply.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top