BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Winter Yard Hours - Monday thru Friday - 8;30 am to 4;30 pm

Fuel & Sale Office - 6 Day's a week .......... Cardinal Joe :thumbsup:

Some Pic's of Cardinal during business hours .

Cardinal has been busy hauling out the Sea Tow Work Boat and Charter Boat’s from Atlantic City & Ocean City for Coast Guard Inspection and some bottom work ….

Even during a Snow Storm ..... Cardinal is there for you ...... Cardinal Joe

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cardinal Marina is open for Business

“YES “ I still have 6 to 8 ft of water at Low Tide in Cardinal Marina channel to the Lift Well entrance ....
More Pic's of Cardinal Marina .....

Northstar - Ocean City , NJ

Cardinal Joe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Joe, are you still working on the SeaCraft, I was at your place yesterday afternoon ,I pulled in the yard ,but did not go to your office, I also stopped at the tackle shop next Door just to look around ,

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Joe, are you still working on the SeaCraft, I was at your place yesterday afternoon ,I pulled in the yard ,but did not go to your office, I also stopped at the tackle shop next Door just to look around ,

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

Joe - my office is on the water , next time come down to the lift well .... And lonesurfer is doing a great job on his 20 ft SeaCraft....
Cardinal Joe P.S. > If you stop by at noon , I'll take you out for Lunch ....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
So sick of these marinas and brokers that tell people to come back in two months.. In the last 4 days I've heard this from 11 different guys ready to buy....and boatyard/brokers won't move boats.. I tell them I'm ready anytime they are.. It's not that these guys will leave me, but spreading out the work wouldn't hurt.. Then I'm jammed up in March/Apr/May..and I do loose some because I get so busy..

Ralph up at Comstock, we were talking about the same thing today and he couldn't believe what he was hearing at the AC show.. Brokers telling people to come back at the end of March to look at used stuff they had.. Ralph said he's ready anytime to move boats to get a deal done.. I'm doing a 26 Reg up there on Monday they are digging out over the weekend.. God forbid any marina would throw their fork lift guy a few extra bucks while he's on unemployment over the winter..to get the deal done.. Their sure doing it at Comstock in Brick, NJ... Those Yams on that Reg will be warm and burning fuel Monday afternoon for the sea trial...

Lots of guys want to buy now...guys that want to do their own work and get ready for the early season.. Install their own electronics and toys..and other things too make the boat their own..

Sorry, I get into this rant......but it's a just wasted bunch of time because it's cold outside.. And trust me, I hate the cold more each year, but work and sales are work and sales. We do what we have to..

Sure sounds like Cardinal has the same thoughts also.....................

I'd just hate to have my boat listed with a broker that's waiting on the damn weather... Everyone who's reading this that's selling a boat thru a broker should call them for at least a list of guy's who's made inquiries about your boat. Hell, get phone numbers and call them and shoot the crap about boats with them and find out why they didn't go any father on your boat... If your broker won't give this to you....get another broker...but remember if you sell it under his contract time on the boat...he's still do his % pop.. But humping it yourself never hurts... It takes some interest in a boat to call a broker. If your broker isn't following up on calls you do it... Hell you know more about your boat than the broker.. Who knows what you can work out...?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I hate to pass up work .... Ins. issue !

Got a call last week , could Cardinal haul a old Wooden Charter Boat from Atlantic City , cut off the bridge and place it in the cock pit .... then put the boat on to a Commercial Hauler Rig , because it has been sold to a charter captain in Fla. .... Hell , I would have LOVE to haul this old girl , BUT my Ins. Policy states NO Wooden Vessels more than 5 years old... can be hauled out of the water , so if I decided to go head an haul this old girl & something happened - well I would be owning her ...... Had to pass on this job....

Yesterday - what do i see , but the old girl heading up the river to get hauled out .... Man that Sucks , every body knows how i feel about old wooden boats ...... Cardinal Joe :bow:

·
Registered
712 Posts
What??????

Got a call last week , could Cardinal haul a old Wooden Charter Boat from Atlantic City , cut off the bridge and place it in the cock pit .... then put the boat on to a Commercial Hauler Rig , because it has been sold to a charter captain in Fla. .... Hell , I would have LOVE to haul this old girl , BUT my Ins. Policy states NO Wooden Vessels more than 5 years old... can be hauled out of the water , so if I decided to go head an haul this old girl & something happened - well I would be owning her ...... Had to pass on this job....

Yesterday - what do i see , but the old girl heading up the river to get hauled out .... Man that Sucks , every body knows how i feel about old wooden boats ...... Cardinal Joe :bow:

What are you talking about? Four slings and a waiver. No Problem Mon!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
North Star - being Serviced at Cardinal Marina

Another Charter boat Haul-out for Coast Guard Inspection " North Star " docked in Ocean City , NJ .... Prop's remove an sent out to Atlantis Prop Service .... Cardinal Marina is an Official Drop Off center for Atlantis Prop Service ....

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
E-FISH-N-SEA V is a 1988 25' General Marine

This is one of my favorite Downeaster : Sweet Looking Rig with Great Lines ! She also spent the Winter in the Water at Cardinal an was just haul-out for sevice work & make ready for Spring ! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.