BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fin Advisor asked me to report since his PC is down.

Headed out early(for Finsy) with son Matt and his friend . Hit TI waves breaking in inlet, went thru hoping it would clean up but Noooooooooo. Came back in and let matt & friend(age 11 both) castnet bait and catch snapper blues from the dock. These kids have been fishing since 4 and can do most angling tasks-tying rigs, swivels,powerpro, nets fish,takes them off etc. Won't let him cut bait on the rocking boat I forget that matt is 11 when we go out, treat him like most other anglers.

Casting a minnow and retrieving matt hooks into a snag so he thinks. Yanks back to bust it and the head starts shaking and peeling drag. He is thinkin striper. Finally makes progress and yells to friend "get a net". He starts searching for a net since my brothers is high on TTop. "borrows" a net from a dockmate and the friend nets a 5 lb 6oz flounder. Not bad for 2 11 year old boys.

Congrats top my nephew Matt on the biggun and friend for the net job. Don't know if he beat his fathers career best but got close to his uncle Old Hat(still has a way to go to get past me). Can't wait till those two spin tales of their monster fluke.

Not sure if he will leave the dock now-no need to go to reef or old grounds to catch the monsters they are rite under your nose.

Matt I'll see the rack Sat at SIC Marina.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
That's great. It's always nice when the kids get to "make a little history", and I'm sure the tail will grow with the years. Almost the same thing happened with my God Son the weekend past. He got the biggest founder he ever caught in the Intercoastal and then when I was cleaning the fluke I spotted some stripers eating the skins, so I put a skin on and handed him the rod, BANG, a 32"er grabbed it and he was thrilled to death. Showed everybody on the dock that was there. Makes your day to see kids have that much fun, fishpole

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.