BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone watchin tv lately has seen guys fishing with (orange rods).cut me a break..lol..these will b pounded in our heads all spring now and soon i know ill see guys with them.they cast banjo minnows well and the electric lure just fine...lol..they look like the old fiberglass models from 70s.

· Registered
5,193 Posts
I was messing with a 7ft medium a few weeks ago. Very light rod, but very stiff. Nice sensitivity, but nothing compared to the GLoomis greenwater line.

· Registered
18,481 Posts
Was looking at them at a tackle show last September. Will never have to look around and say. Anyone seen my fishing rod.:D

· Registered
3,505 Posts
I was messing with a 7ft medium a few weeks ago. Very light rod, but very stiff. Nice sensitivity, but nothing compared to the GLoomis greenwater line.
Yeah, but I heard they come fitted with a striped bass decal...:D

Was looking at them at a tackle show last September. Will never have to look around and say. Anyone seen my fishing rod.:D
They certainly stand out.

· Registered
3,505 Posts

· Registered
5,728 Posts
I stick with My Loomis rods:thumbsup:
I would stay home before I fished with an orange rod:eek:

· Registered
1,474 Posts
They look like a good kayak rod.

· Registered
11,691 Posts
Looked at 1 briefly when I was at cabelas last month-certainly cant miss them.

Light but really couldnt get past the bright orange and put it down -great for a fla gator,clemson tiger, or tenn fan

· Registered
362 Posts
anyone watchin tv lately has seen guys fishing with (orange rods).cut me a break..lol..these will b pounded in our heads all spring now and soon i know ill see guys with them.they cast banjo minnows well and the electric lure just fine...lol..they look like the old fiberglass models from 70s.
I have plenty of G Loomis, St. Croix, seeker, and shimano rods...I used a carrot stick in florida a few months ago and was very impressed with the rod...I plan on getting one in the next few weeks infact to add to the collection!!! I am trying to decide on a reel to put on it.

Have you ever fished with one?

· Registered
745 Posts
I have plenty of G Loomis, St. Croix, seeker, and shimano rods...I used a carrot stick in florida a few months ago and was very impressed with the rod...I plan on getting one in the next few weeks infact to add to the collection!!! I am trying to decide on a reel to put on it.

Have you ever fished with one?
I've never actually fished with one, but they get some nice reviews since they started building blanks in '07. I've been thinking about purchasing one for over a year now - I would most likely have one in my bag if the color wasn't "the blinding orange."

Their best blank is the freshwater Gold Series - http://www.carrotstix.com/catalog/e21_carrot_stix_21_carrot_gold.htm

· Registered
5,193 Posts
I've never actually fished with one, but they get some nice reviews since they started building blanks in '07. I've been thinking about purchasing one for over a year now - I would most likely have one in my bag if the color wasn't "the blinding orange."

Their best blank is the freshwater Gold Series - http://www.carrotstix.com/catalog/e21_carrot_stix_21_carrot_gold.htm

Just get a Greenwater already:). The carrot stick is too stiff for jig head toggin. You won't be able to load up on the fish before your swing. You have enough fluke rods..:cool:.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Oh come on guys I personally think an orange rod is awesome it is different fresh young and vibrant and these things are light as hell they might be a little stiff but they still seem like a hecak of a rod and are quite comfortable in the hand.:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.