BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
U can get a custom, good quality net from Tim Wade down in Florida.... A 10-12ft, 1"-1.25", (2-2.5") mesh. His nets are very good quality, he will build it for what your needs and the price is good.. I also use the Calusa Mullet Nets, good work nets, heavy duty...

Tim Wade: 321 508-2846

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I don't claim it's the very best...

but it is very effective and it's what I use myself. I have several FITEC Ultra Spreader Menhaden cast nets available at a great price. They are 10' Diameter with 3/4" square mesh and 1.5# of lead per foot. Price is $119.99 and if you claim to be a Barner I'll knock off another 10%. Here's a picture of what I do with them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Percy Wentworth

Percy's nets are hands down the best bunker nets. Makes a huge difference if the bumker are schooled in deeper water. He will teach you to throw in his yard before you leave.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Percy met me at the Great Kills boat ramp with a net at 5am one morning. I came by boat from Atlantic Highlands. Got mine caught in pilings the prior day and needed one ASAP. He is a good egg and makes a great net. Period!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I would get a 10 foot net. Throwing a 8 and 10 is the same and you gain a lot of square footage with the ten. If you throw a net poorly, I would try to attend the Saltwater expo. at Somerset in March. Charlie Kay will work with you and have you throwing like a pro in no time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought a 10' net from Tim Wade down in FLA. He will make anything you want. I prefer the 10' with 1.75 lbs of weight with 2.5" mesh. His prices are great as well. He made one for my boy this winter for Christmas. for the Peanuts no more money then a cheaper one from the store. again any size or weight you want.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Percy

I have two of Percy's nets and love them. Like everyone else said he teaches you how to throw the net before you leave his house. I got my first net home and opened it up and found a hole in the mesh and he replaced it no questions asked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.